Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mud Tyres
  • johnnylad123
    Free Member

Given the level of the black stuff that we will no doubt have to endure for at least 6 months, was wondering which mud tyres people out there would recommend?? I don’t usually swap tyres for the winter but given the weather so far I think it’s time to try something different!!

zippykona

Schwalbe cx pro comes in a 26 and is the only tyre I’ve tried that’s made any real difference.
    Ps I’ve tried loads.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

For pure mud, Panaracer Trailrakers are the best we’ve tried, in 1.9″.
    Horrible on the road and more drag than the Bontrager Jones Mud X, but better in mud.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    novaswift
    Free Member

hans damf

druidh
    Free Member

Surly Nate

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Just ordered this set…

Hans Dampf Set

Northwind

Conti Baron black chili… Works in mud as well as a swampthing supertacky, works out of mud roughly as well as a minion maxxpro. Bit draggy but otherwise completely teh awesum.

johnnylad123
    Free Member

Cheers for all the advice, bit of a mixed bag but the Hans Dampf look like the way to go.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Spesh Storms here. I got on with them so well on my full suss that I’ve put one on the front of my hardtail too.

clubber
    Free Member

Bonty Mud X are fantastic. Very good in mud andrew better in not-mud than they have any right to be.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Schwalbe Black Sharks.

matt22
    Free Member

I run a jones mud x front and back in the winter, its and amazing winter tyre but, Cuts through the mud and grips.

I beleive the idea is to have a smaller width tyre for mud so it cuts through rather float

Mugboo

I’ve run a swampthing up front since last winter, came off for a month in March! Love it, lots of grip 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mud Tyres’ is closed to new replies.