Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mud stains on jerseys
  • dibboid
    Free Member

My favourite jerseys have white on them but they are rapidly looking more Brown and now look like they’ve not been washed at all. Just wondered what you fine people on here use to get rid of the mud stains. “The wife” isn’t a valid answer as my other half refuses to wash my mtb gear.

jekkyl

Are you so concerned about going out to cycle muddy trails in pristine looking gear? It’s not a fashion show, I believe the phrase is ‘have a word with yourself’

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Our team kit has very white patches, I use Vanish Oxy and soak them for a few hours in COLD water before sticking them in washing machine with a bit more if it’s been a muddy race.

God I’m getting old, handing out washing tips? I’ll be reviewing Kia’s next.

saxabar
    Free Member

If blathered I hosepipe my clothes when cleaning the bike with thumb over the end for jet wash. They’re never going to be advertisement-white, but reasonable enough after a proper wash too.

dibboid
    Free Member

Are you so concerned about going out to cycle muddy trails in pristine looking gear? It’s not a fashion show, I believe the phrase is ‘have a word with yourself’

Ok I’ve slapped myself round the face! I’d better mtfu…. But really it looks as bad as a toddler with spag boll ffs! It didn’t bother me too much to start with but Friday my gear looked like it hadn’t seen a washing machine. Lol.

Thanks blazin-saddles. You’ll make someone a fab wife one day. 😀

and thanks saxabar… a proper man’s way. … Now where did I put that vanish oxi and my marigolds? …

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hygiene, smell and dropping muddy debris are my main factors. After that it’s a secondary concern.

tomhoward

“The wife” isn’t a valid answer as my other half refuses to wash my mtb gear.

New wife? Blazin-Saddles?

dibboid
    Free Member

New wife? Blazin-Saddles?

good thinking! Pmsl

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mud stains on jerseys’ is closed to new replies.