Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mud Runner Ice Breaker ?
  • mikehampson
    Free Member

Myself and my Brother have signed up for this, anyone else doing it ? Done it before ? If so what sort of background/fitness level are you ? I ride once a week off road during the winter (about 20 miles) Commute 7 miles each way twice a week and can run 10km in 52 mins (twice a week). You think I’ll manage it ?
    http://www.mudrunner.co.uk/icebreaker—winter-duathlon-17th-february-2013—event-details.html

didgy2
    Free Member

I have done Mudrunner Oblivion before and have just signed up to do this one 🙂 When i did it last year i found the run to be quite easy to be honest. I am generally fit but never ran more than 4 miles before the event. Not sure what obstacles will be on this one but bottle necks gave plenty of rest as you simply couldn’t get passed. If you want to have a fast race you need to go in wave one, any other and you will be waiting at some point. It’s such a good atmosphere when running it, everyone i saw was having a good time and no one too serious (we went in wave 3 or 4)not sure what the ride will be like to be honest but it can be hilly there if they want it to be. Not sure of transitions either, but as i’m not looking to break records i’m thinking finish run, jump into hot tub to warm up for 30 seconds, t-shirt off, bike jacket on, (debating when and if to wear cycling shorts). reading some forums from last year they were freezing on the ride from being wet and it being windy. Finish ride, old/new t-shirt on and finish last (lots of water crossing) run. Hopefully someone who has previous experience will add something for us 😀

dobo
    Free Member

never done that race but done some 10k obstackles and brutal runs, if that 52mins 10k is on a flat road then you might want to mix it up off road and put some hills in but you will manage it.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Mate is doing it. He runs and is a good runner (set a sub 40 in an off-road 10k last time I ran with him), but doesn’t ride at all.

If you see a short ginger man who has not come to terms with his thinning mop then say hi to him from me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mud Runner Ice Breaker ?’ is closed to new replies.