Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mud guards – is it that time again?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I was about to say, I’m not sure why we took them off but realised we built new bikes around March so we were optimistic and never put them on.

So, today I will be fitting Mudhuggers both ends to replace the mucky nutz that’s been on the front since day one.

Any tips on the best way to protect the seat stays from zipties? Last bike they were on, the ties deformed the invisiframe.

Alex

I’ve just put the mud hugger rear on my Smuggler. Normally I have some thicker 3M type tape on the stays but this time I just assumed the invisitape would be good enough. I’ll have to see how it looks after todays ride.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Section of inner tube wrapped around is my normal frame saver method.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Old tube is a good call. SA tape is great stuff, but wondered if it was a bit soft.

Alex

Well I’m going to have to move mine as the epic mud in the FoD today jammed between the end of the guard and the seat stay brace. Might go for a bit of inner tube as a second layer of protection. Might move to Spain instead. Man that was grim!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just come back from Spain. Riding was great but we certainly weren’t immune from wet trails and bike washing. Reckon my Thomson dropper needs its 4th warranty service in 18 months.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mud guards – is it that time again?’ is closed to new replies.