Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mud guards for disc only cx bike as commuter…
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got a rear crud on the post at the moment but was thinking of a little more coverage.

SKS are the obvious choice, I’ve got a disc caliper right on top of where the rear needs to mount but I know most just bend a wire stay or do without to get around this.

A bigger problem is the top mount. My frame (cotic x) only has canti bosses and disc tab at the back – no traditional bridge mount for roadie caliper. Front isn’t a problem for this.

So far as I can see, the lack of this mount makes it near impossible to mount a race blade or chromoplast?

TiRed

Not impossible, just less rigid. Longboards might be more suitable. Make sure you have a good fastening to the chainstay bridge.

STATO
    Free Member

Drill and tap a hole in the base of the main wishbone tube, this is how the on-one frames of this design fit mudguards.

CraigW
    Free Member

Drill 4 holes in the mudguards, then put zip ties around the top of the seatstays.
    I find this works nicely for Chromoplastics – less wobbly and more tyre clearance than the proper mount.

vincienup
    Free Member

@STATO, aha!

I have a hole there. Never looked for threads, I just assumed it was a drain… 🙂

paule
    Free Member

SKS velo42 mudguards might work, I’ve got a set on my similarly setup pompetamine.

STATO
    Free Member

@STATO, aha!

I have a hole there. Never looked for threads, I just assumed it was a drain…

Just need a matching hole in the guard then, or a slot, and some spacers to get the height right. Drill a hole and extand with a small needle file, nice and tidy and gives a bit of adjustment, as youll never get the hole spot on first time.

STATO
    Free Member

Oh, and if only commuting on roads get SKS Longboards, or if a bit of offroad, SKS Chromoplastics.

renton
    Free Member

Velo 42 are quite good. I had them on my hybrid.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mud guards for disc only cx bike as commuter…’ is closed to new replies.