Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mucky nutz mini mudguards – any good?
  • larkim
    Free Member

£9 for a small piece of plastic looks poor VFM, but I’ve seen plenty of people using them.

Worth a few quid’s investment or not?

noahhowes
    Free Member

Yes, mine works fine. You can use a plastic binder and cut it up if you don’t fancy spending £9.

joshvegas
    Free Member

they are not a replacement for an actual mudguard.

But

They’re alright at stopping gritty cack right where you don’t want it as grinding paste.

BillOddie

They do a good job at keeping mud out of your eyes.

If you dislike the mucky nutz branding similar products are available as Enduro Guard or Marsh Guard.

zero-cool
    Free Member

It’s kept crap off me and out of my eyes, and my fork seals seem in much better condition since fitting one. And they way next to nothing so I’ve never bothered taking it off.

I think they’re value for money personally. Made a few of my own in the past, but for under a tenner why bother?

ebennett

Surprisingly good, they keep 90% of the crap off my face. Now no longer look like a plague victim after muddy rides!

roverpig

Yes, hard to believe a little bit of plastic can keep so much crap off your face, until you try riding without it!

ThePinkster

They always amaze me at how much crap the keep off me. I use one in conjunction with their take on a crud-guard and they work very well together.

If you don’t like the branding on them then fit it upside down.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Worth it to keep significantly more crap off of your fork stanchions. They are very good at this and a few quid isn’t much compared with the cost to buy and service forks.

Anything it keeps off of you or your face is just an added bonus.

larkim
    Free Member

Excellent news. Intuitively they seemed to be too small to do much, but as they seemed popular thought I’d ask.

Cheers

zippykona

It does need coupling with a crud guard as mentioned above.

iainc

It does need coupling with a crud guard as mentioned above.

or a Mucky Nutz Gut Fender – does the same as crud guard, weighs nowt, on and off in seconds 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Whilst superficially similar, I think the enduro guard is a way better product.

PrinceJohn

Mine stays on the bike all year round, completely unobtrusive & there when you need it.

rs
    Free Member

use zip ties rather than the velcro it comes with, stays in place much better!

thegreatape
    Free Member

If you are old and hail from the days when a Marin Muirwoods was luminous yellow, then you can get all nostalgic and buy a “well bastard fast” one from Stif.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mucky nutz mini mudguards – any good?’ is closed to new replies.