Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mucky Nutz Bender Fender catching on tyre
  • muzzle
    Free Member

Morning,

Anyone know how/why a Bender Fender would catch on my tyre when the fork is compressed? Obviously it’s attached under the fork crown, so the clearance between tyre and fork shouldn’t change should it? Anyway, it definitely catches when I’m riding over the rough stuff but I can’t replicate the problem when I’m not on the bike – very annoying.

I could just remove it of course, but I’m curious whether anyone else has had a similar issue.

26″ Nobby Nic 2.25″ tyres and Fox Float 32 140mm fork if that’s relevant.

Ta for any suggestions!

spacey

Mine was doing the same at the weekend. Can’t share a solution, but understand the conundrum.

MadPierre

At full compression the bottom of the fork crown touches the fender and pushes it down onto the tyre?

Empty the fork of air and have a look to find out.

muzzle
    Free Member

I meant it’s attached under the fork brace of course, not the crown. Thanks Mad Pierre, will investigate that possibility.

play
    Free Member

On my bike it was the tyre shape catching on the BF when compressing, etc. Fixed by gaffa taping the BF to the stanction so it was out of the way and no edges for the tyres to catch.

nealy
    Free Member

Use zip ties to fix it to the fork brac and legs, you can pull them tighter than the velcro giving more clearance and they are also lower profile than the velcro

Muke
    Free Member

Have you used all 3 mounting holes at the top under the brace or just the middle one ?

muzzle
    Free Member

Just the middle one I think. Assume zip ties through the two outer ones at the top will pull it away from the tyre a bit more…?

bren2709

Pictures of your handy work might help?

Muke
    Free Member

Assume zip ties through the two outer ones at the top will pull it away from the tyre a bit more…?

It’s the only thing I can think of, Do the middle one up first then the outside ones and then finally secure the two side ones onto the legs to give maximum clearance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mucky Nutz Bender Fender catching on tyre’ is closed to new replies.