Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • mucky nuts or crud?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Ive ordered both makes but would like to know peoples opinion of them.
    Mucky nutz look flimsy?
    Crud look stronger but heavier.

Crud catcher or gut fender?

Crud fender front or bender fender?

winch
    Free Member

Mucky Nutz keeps mud off your stanchions and for that reason alone is a win.

myti
    Free Member

Mucky nutz for looks and minimal mud reduction, stops most mud from flicking up in your face and is so neat i left mine on all summer but you still get mud up your shorts.

LoCo
    Free Member

Powa? They’re the best front guard available pricey thou.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

As above ie Mucky Nutz

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

I use a crud catcher at the front, along with a neoguard, and a mucky nuts at the rear. No complaints yet.

iainc

The bender fender is great. The gut fender IMO is just as effective as a crud catcher, but goes on and off in seconds and weighs nowt. I use bender fender and gut fender when its manky and its a perfect combination

patriotpro
    Free Member

MN (bender not gut)

davewalsh
    Free Member

Bender Fender XL is great, the extra bit at the front makes a real difference at high speed.

GavinB

IMO, I think Neoguard have had their day, along with Crud Catcher. Both are less effective than a flimsy piece of plastic, velcro’d on to a fork at keeping muck off your face and, more importantly, clear of the seals and stanchions. Oh, and they are a lot more expensive to boot.

Northwind

Crud front is pretty pointless by itself, it can be useful combined with a muckynuts but even then it’s the bender fender that’s doing all the hard work. Strange how much traction the idea had really.

jacob46
    Free Member

Cheers all for your thoughts.

Mucky nuts all round then. Front middle and rear.

Kahurangi

No!

Mucky nutz look flimsy?

Is correct. I’ve bent, damaged and torn apart several Mucky Nutz Bender Fenders from bikes being racked and sticks passing through the crown while riding.

In NZ lots of folks use Marsh Guards, which are much the same but much sturdier and a little longer.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had a crud catcher for a long time. Added a mucky nutz and was amazed at how much spray and crap it stopped. Run both. If you have to pick, mucky nutz is way more effective.

mattbee

I’m a tightarse so I it my own ‘fork brace mounted front mudguard’ out of a plastic folder that once held uni work. For extra cheek I used the mucky nuts one I’d bought for my wife’s bike as a template, just extending the front section.

rOcKeTdOg

Mud hugger http://www.mudhugger.co.UK they also do a orange 5 specific rear guard

jacob46
    Free Member

for everyone’s information, i received all crud fenders and mucky nutz today. mucky nutz very slow took 5 days.

mucky nutz new rear fender crap! wont stop moving and thats before you ride your bike.its held on with a velcro strap and althoug im a 6ft 4inch 16 stone bloke i cant tighten it enough to stop it pivoting on my seat post.sending that one back when there website works properly!

Mucky Nutz bender fender XL is brilliant!!!! keeping that one.

crud fender is fantastic and sturdy, keeping that one.

cubemeup
    Free Member

Don’t waste ur money trying others just ring mojo ad buy a dfender. Ask if they got any used ones in offer

prawny

Both for me too. Crud catcher stops splashes off the back of the front wheel, bender fender stops the muck flinging off the front. With both on I harly have any muck on my front. Arse is still covered though.

mangatank
    Free Member

I’ve got the three Mucky Nutz guards and they all work brilliantly. Delivery was pretty swift too.

The rear defender is a bit of an intelligence test to fit, but done properly, it stays put through strong side winds and rocky drops. Weigh next to nothing too. I’ve been seriously impressed with their products.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve always been a fan of big fat moto THE fenders for ultimate coverage. I “downgraded” to a Mucky Nutz Bender over the summer, and have now complimented it with a new-style crud-catcher. Looks low profile and seems to work well together. Mind you, its not winter yet, the trails are still running fast and dry for the most part…

iainc

One bit that all except mangotank are missing is the quite excellent muckynutz gut fender. This is their take on the downtube crud catcher style, it works as well, weighs nothing and fits in a few seconds with no faffing around with rubber bands. When used along with bender fender coverage is ideal

jacob46
    Free Member

arse is the problem! mite just put up with having a mucky arse because the rear fenders are ugly and easily knocked to left or right. in my case anyway.

chip
    Free Member

The muckynutz rear fender is better placed on the top of the seat tube between the top tube and seat post clamp rather than on the post itself, enabling you to use more of the Velcro.

Also helps if you pull the strap as far through as it goes so the buckle is hard against the fender and hold it there with your thumb whilst pulling the strap tight.

Mine holds in place well, when its soaked through in the rain the friction is greatly reduced but still you have to knock it for it to move.

iainc

I got the rear one, and whilst I love the bender fender and gut fender, I have to agree with comments above about it not staying tight. Mine will live on a shelf before heading towards the bin eventually 🙁

ir_bandito
    Free Member

So this weekend I tried out the new combo
    Fender Bender and crud catcher on the front
    Crud-guard on the back.

Worked a treat. And rear guard is easily removable, which helps when bike is on a car-rack.

Pukeko
    Free Member

I know the post is crud or mucky nutz, but if you really want to keep mud off the back look at Mud hugger http://www.mudhugger.co.UK

works very well 😀

mangatank
    Free Member

The muckynutz rear fender is better placed on the top of the seat tube between the top tube and seat post clamp rather than on the post itself, enabling you to use more of the Velcro.

Also helps if you pull the strap as far through as it goes so the buckle is hard against the fender and hold it there with your thumb whilst pulling the strap tight.

This is how I fit mine. No movement issues yet after a few long rides.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘mucky nuts or crud?’ is closed to new replies.