Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Mucky Nuts But Defender
  • stufive
    Free Member

Anyone tried these? strugling to find anything for my Five which has reverb seat post 🙂

vixalot
    Free Member

I have just put one on my bike (same problem as you,dropper post) only done 3 rides as yet- 1st one chucked it down all day so I couldnt tell, 2nd and 3rd dry but mud/puddles it keeps some off, the person behind did say it was working and they were going to get one.
    Its not as good as my mud guard (before dropper) but if it keeps some off im happy, I will have a go with the fender bender at some point when I get around to ordering it

BadlyWiredDog

The front one’s ace, the rear one is only marginally effective ime. Not utterly useless but not a patch on a larger mud-guard when it’s properly wet. I don’t think I’d bother buying another tbh

stufive
    Free Member

Thanks i think ill try one..ive made the front one from milk bottle took ten mins

Untitled by Stufive, on Flickr

M6TTF
    Free Member

used a front one as a template and cut another out of polyprop to zip-tie to my swingarm – works a treart, but may redo and make it slightly longer

jonnyrockymountain

I like both front and rear ones, but if both were 2-3″ longer they would be even better

lipseal
    Free Member

Front one yeah but the ass saver one forget it. Just put the cash towards a decent pair of winter shorts, can’t really call the water proof. Oh and a set of braces to hold up your shorts.

thejesmonddingo
    patriotpro
    Free Member

stufive, you’ve got £800 worth of fork and make a mudguard out of a plastic milk-bottle – now that’s what i call irony! 😆

nickswolves
    Free Member

stufive – Member
    Thanks i think ill try one..ive made the front one from milk bottle took ten mins

No offence but that looks so rubbish! You look like you have a decent bike there judging by fox forks, surely worth £8 to buy the proper one that will look considerably better?

continuity
    Free Member

That milk bottle front one you’ve done there doesn’t protect the seals.

P20

Anyone find the front bottoms out on the fork crown?

andyl
    Free Member

oo I like the longer front one – might have to try one.

OP – for the rear have you seen the ass saver? Not sure if it’s longer than the muckynutz one.

PrinceJohn

stufive, you’ve got £800 worth of fork and make a mudguard out of a plastic milk-bottle – now that’s what i call irony!

+1

Gotta love the shed fettlers & home inventors. To be fair it’s probably peoples similar solutions that gave us the fender bender in the first place.

stufive
    Free Member

ha ha I know its crazy isn’t it? to be fair i was just messing about but it did the job on the way home…however i have ordered some proper ones 🙂
    If anyone wants the milk bottle ones ill let them go for a fair price theres two to choose from 🙂

muckynutz
    Free Member

Thanks for the great comments, it’s always appreciated. Just wanted to add some details: –
    [*]The new Bender Fender profile is 20mm longer than the previous 2.0 and 2.1. [/*]
    [*]The XL; well…….says it all. [/*]
    [*]The Butt Fender has been reprofiled and is 30mm longer. This will be with us this week.[/*]
    Thanks again!!!

lipseal
    Free Member

The Butt Fender has been reprofiled and is 30mm longer. This will be with us this week.
    Can I part x my old one then?

muckynutz
    Free Member

@ lipseal – if it’s ‘new and unused’; send it back and we’ll send out one of the new ones.

coatesy
    Free Member

Personally, I love the irony of laughing at somebody that wasn’t mugged for £8 for 3 bits of velcro and a cast-off race number plate 🙂

stufive
    Free Member

Great timing I’ve just ordered two sets 🙁

stufive
    Free Member

Ok so I got the bender fender and but defenders today…I’ve got to say the delivery I s very good for free delivery especially for low price items like these..anyway I’ve Been out and there great obviously the but defender will never be as good as a full length mudguard but it certainly helped even got a bit of sun for a ride…

Tarn how’s by Stufive, on Flickr

andyl
    Free Member

So there is a newer model than the 2.1? Dammit, still not got round to fitting my 2.1.

Oh well, I have 2 more bikes now so might try the newer ones on the other 2.

bellys
    Free Member

There are cheaper ones out (not by much) Marsh Mud Guard http://si-paton.pinkbike.com/blog/The-Marsh-Guard.html
    Seen them for under £7 on flebay

rudedog
    Free Member

I’ve found the Topeak defender to be the best tradition mudguard to fit with a reverb as it has points where it can be adjusted meaning you can set it in a wide range of heights.

joolsburger
    Free Member

That marsh guard is a proper rip off.

singletracksurfer

Its only a few quid and well worth the time saving for most people faffing around making their own bodged version, which looks ugly.

Marsh Guard – how did they get away copying the Muckynutz design – or have they?

ricdiggle
    Free Member

I have the front and rear Muckynutz on two bikes. The butt defender works great if you stay in the seat but as soon as you hang over the back on a descent, you still get a soaking. It certainly helps a lot and I’m leaving mine on, but is not a proper solution by any stretch.

muckynutz
    Free Member

Love the shot ‘stufive’!! Where is that??? And thanks for the positive feedback.

Re: the ‘rip off’ – Jason (Marsh) knows about us, as he made ‘enquries’ last year. He got the info and released his version this year……..nuff said. We’ve been in touch to make him aware of our patent application. It seems he’s decided to take the risk at the mo. If/once it’s granted protection is backdated and we’ll have enough ammo to do something about it. For now we simply carry on with our own thing, which has been great so far. More stuff to follow from us later this year and the beginning of next.

Thanks again!!!

Shackleton

Anything in the works to fit Manitou and other reverse arch forks? I’ve modified one to fit but it isn’t perfect due to the angle of the arms (need to be swept forward rather than back).

stufive
    Free Member

Hi thanks pic was taken at Tarn hows during a moment of sunshine 🙂 I should point out though bikes are not meant to be on the paths there I was pushing honest 😉

muckynutz
    Free Member

@ Shackleton – there’s never been enough interest to justify it but the question has been asked more often of late. It might be worth a trial run?! We’ll post on Facebook if it’s a goer.

@ Stufive – looks great. It’s often the case that the best trails are footpaths, init?. Shame you have to get off and push! 😉

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Mucky Nuts But Defender’ is closed to new replies.