Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Muckboots sizing
  • Pieface

I’ve seen a recommednation to maybe go up a size, is his necessary? I’m thinking of getting neoprene lined ones so will I need to allow extra room for thick socks or are they plenty warm enough anyway? Should I wear thick socks for comfort anyway?

sweepy
    Free Member

I wear muck derwent wellies, they are not the ones designed for very cold conditions but they are warm anyway. I wear pretty much my normal size with mid weight socks but would recommend trying them on.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Plenty warm enough, I wear walking socks in mine. Size 43 is a 43.. but there is enough room for thick socks..

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I had to go DOWN 2 sizes – they were ridiculously wide, and still wear 2 pairs of socks.

Mine are neoprene ones and are plenty warm enough.

(this was 5 or 6 years ago though)

Pieface

Thanks all, are your replies (apart from Sweepy’s) about the MuckMaster’s specifically or muckboots generally?

Sweepy – how do you find the grip and do you walk long distances in them?

sweepy
    Free Member

The grip is not bad, but they do have a soft sole that wears quickly. Not all Muck boots do, the mrs has some which seem more durable. Looking at the site the sole seems to have changed on the new derwents to look more like the more durable one the mrs has.
    I dont often do long walks, I use them for cold weather and canoe trips, If I am going for a longer walk I have neoprene welly slippers which keep my socks from sliding about, I also changed the footbeds for sorbothane, but I do that on all my shoes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mine are these, the Farm lot here have the same.. the raised sole does a good job of frozen land insulation but the grip is just acceptable, better than the other muckboot soles we’ve found.

Have to say, I’ve got a high instep.. hence the size fitting comment above.

CountZero

Double post

CountZero

I’ve just checked the size of mine, which were a godsend at Greenman on Sunday, and they’re Tay, size 11, which is the same size I take in a boot or shoe. I wear M&S sport socks with a pair of Dickies Bama Wellington Boot socks FZ5000 over the top, and they’re good for just about any conditions at any time of year, and I’ve done an eleven mile walk in mine before now, although five or six is usual.
    https://www.dickiesstore.co.uk/product/FZ5000-dickies-bama-wellington-boot-socks#%7B%22col%22%3A%22black%22%7D?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=lower+funnel

CountZero

Triple post

spectabilis
    Free Member

I have the Wetland
    Same size as my regular trainers/shoes, worn with normal thickness socks even light ankle socks, very comfy even on long walks plenty warm enough too. (but then I think I’m fairly resiliant to cold anyway)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Muckboots sizing’ is closed to new replies.