Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Much difference between Fox 32 Talas 2009 and 2010?
  • coopersport1
    Free Member

Looking at QR15 either way.

si-wilson
    Free Member

2010 forks have the new FIT damping cartridge, supposed to give a more consistant damping feel and sit in the travel better.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

I wouldnt let the differences worry you, they both have advantages and disadvantages. IMO the damper changes make little real world difference.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I have the '10 (although I ordered the '09 which I guess is a score but dunno really)

As Si says, the difference is the damping system has been swapped out for the FIT cartridge. Allegedly this also shaves 100g from the fork weight although BikeRadar said small bump damping was stickier than with the 09 (but perhaps seals need worn in etc) but big hits are well dealt with (although I don't recall if they said this was a change from the already well considered 09 model). The chassis remains unchanged from what I gather so stiffness should not vary.

I would take the cheaper of the 2 (almost certainly the '09) but the MSRP is bonkers which is why I was made up to find mine half price 😀

coopersport1
    Free Member

I've got 08 Talas at the moment, that have suffered some stantion wear and are now on my 456Ti. Looking for replacements for my 5, tempted to go to RS Rev U-turn but don't fancy the winding up and down bit, also have tosets of wheels AM and lighter xc ones that will only convert to 15mm not 20mm. Like the on the fly ease of changing travel on the Talas, apart from cost the 09 ones in the sale on CRC £450 are black as opposed to silver which I prefer.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

Barracuda have the Silver '09 TALAS for 500 Euros. When I bought mine from them they had an additional 15% off for valentines day (I <3 my bike) and they sent me (I think) a '10 instead of a '09 so I ended up paying about 430 Euros for a 2010 15mm thro RLC FIT TALAS, or about half price. I was happy

they don't ship for free though (they do t me, but I live about 40km from them)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Much difference between Fox 32 Talas 2009 and 2010?’ is closed to new replies.