Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Muc-off on car bodywork?
  • sam_underhill

Seems like the perfect product to use as a pre-shampoo clean. Something to shift all the big gritty stuff that I don't want swirled into the paint.

any reason why not? shouldn't harm anything should it? perhaps use it diluted 50/50 with water?

dave_aber
    Free Member

Leave some aluminium in a bowl of it overnight, and see what you have left.

Wouldn't put it near my car, and only use it on bikes if they are really shitty dirty before I have to work on them. Massive acidic overkill for post-ride washing IMO.

uplink
    Free Member

Just go to your local car parts factor & get some TFR if you feel you need to pre-wash before shampooing & conditioning it [or whatever you do to it]

fubar
    Free Member

Wouldn't even put it on my bike frame and definitely not the car. I only ever use it for oil / grease smeared areas….plus it would be a very expensive car wash .

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I've used it no problem on metallic paint although I can't say it made cleaning any better or easier. However on alloys it's gleaming. Does a really good job and gets all the brake dust off easily.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I've used fenwicks on the car to get rid of flies etc, not sure I'd use muc off tho'……

sparkerfix

No problems with it. Been using it for years for cleaning alloys,bikes,motorbikes etc. Cleaning online does a muc off pre wash for car cleaning. Would probarbly recommend waxing though after using it.

sam_underhill

cheers all. I've used it on wheels before and it always does a great job of getting stuff off.

I tried it today after all and, in all honesty it didn't make much difference. I probably chickened out and used it a bit sparingly, and only around the mucky bits. Shan't bother next time, just a thorough house down to loosen all the major muck.

Sadly someone reversed into my rear bumper after all the hard work cleaning it! twunt.

maxsatnav
    Free Member

muc-off = alien blood

stopped using it years ago deadly stuff

Edric64
    Free Member

Who washes cars?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Used it on all my bikes – always dilute it slightly, never had a problem with it. Just don't leave it on overnight and you'll be fine

santacruzsi
    Free Member

if you want something as a pre-wash for the car buy some snow foam. It goes onto a dry car, leave it for 5 mins then rinse. Then wash and dry as normal.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Muc-off on car bodywork?’ is closed to new replies.