Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • MTFU fail
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I lost the nail on my little finger recently, and today I went out for a long ride in the pouring rain so full gloves were worn.

The pain from the wet gloves rubbing the exposed flesh made me want be sick. I did have to stop and feed up on gels and sugary drink to stop myself from chundering

At least I didn’t crash in a ford this time.

oldgit
    Free Member

I feel sick again writing this

druidh
    Free Member

I feel sick reading this 🙂

Mrs Druidh lost two toenails doing the West Highland Way. That wasn’t pleasant either but at least she didn’t whinge – LIKE A BIG GIRL.

Mantastic
    Free Member

I am sick

Pook

tried a tight plaster with germolene on it? I’m a chronic nail biter and the pain around them in the cold is awful.

germolene has anesthetic which helps

oldgit
    Free Member

tried a tight plaster with germolene on it? I’m a chronic nail biter and the pain around them in the cold is awful

Where were you when I needed you at 7am this morning. Anyway doesn’t Germolene hurt like a bitch?

Pook

no more than rough material on raw flesh….

oldgit
    Free Member

no more than rough material on raw flesh..

Huuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwweeeeearrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh

nedrapier

germolene’s got a mild anaesthetic ingredient. Would have been perfect… 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

1) Cut it off at the elbow.

2) MTFU

Moses

If it was that bad, I’d have cut the finger off my glove.

meehaja
    Free Member

As a paramedic I’ve seen all sorts of horrible injuries and human suffering. I’ve smelt the worst smells, even tasted some of the worst tastes, and despite all this, anything to do with finger or toe nails makes me a bit queesy. just the thought of a glove rubbing an exposed nail bed makes me feel a bit sick! Please take an angle grinder to the whole finger, just so i can feel a bit better about it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I feel your pain, erm actually I don’t.

Smart a bit does it.
    ?

dogbert
    Free Member

there are other things you can do

porlus
    Free Member

Would super glue work. Wasnt it actually developed for sealing of bullet holes and the like

pingu66
    Free Member

Pussy!

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Make the nasty man stop.

My teeth are now on edge!

JoeG
    Free Member

The queasy folks demand PICTURES!!! 😈

tizzzzle
    Free Member

This made me laugh.

Pussy

monogramman
    Free Member

He said little finger not pussy finger 😳

TiRed

Ripped my thumbnail off when rowing Head of the River as a student. I was rowing bow and race was only half over… MTFU, of course it hurts!

althepal

Er, you were driving a Ford when you crashed ripping the nail off?
    Sounds like it could have been a lot worse?’

cfinnimore
    Free Member

reminds me of

“is that your shin bone?”
    “Dunno, that’s a big hole”
    “Your pedals awful fleshy”
    *barf*

“Tie a Buff round it”.

brakes
    Free Member

I lost a toe-nail once.
    the worst pain wasn’t getting it stamped on in the first place with a football boot, nor was it the nurse drilling through the nail to release the blood pooling under it and pushing it off, nor was it pulling the nail (and root) out of my toe with a pair of pliers… no it was catching the exposed flesh under the now absent toe nail on the sharp corner of the lecture theatre metal seats.
    I am literally wretching just typing this 😐

turboferret

Not a finger picture, but this is my feet after my first half ironman, new shoes (which were a tiny bit too small), no socks, 3 of the toenails fell off soon afterwards 😮

I did use quite a bit of superglue the next morning which forms fantastic instant temporary scabs/skin.

Cheers, Rich

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh turbo ferret that brings back bad memorys of the inaugral inov8 iroc race down durham way.

lost both my toe nails , both the next toe nails and countless ammounts of skin.

couldnt wear shoes for 3 weeks.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘MTFU fail’ is closed to new replies.