• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jes.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • mtbs-r-us
  • jes
    Free Member

Has a web page for the above business and a ebay account, having a closer look just appears to be selling used stuff, anybody had any experience purchasing stuff from this guy/s ?

Thanks

jes

jes
    Free Member

?

Scapegoat

He sells used mtb parts. He has 239 feedback, 99% positive. The two negative feedback scores are in the last 6 months, one slow delivery, one item needed bleeding, a complaint from a low feedback user now no longer registered on eBay, so make of that what you will.

What’s not to like? Exercise due caution, and if you like his prices then do as you please. If he had stuff I wanted at the right money I’d buy off him based on what I can see.

jes
    Free Member

Thanks Scapegoat,I had looked at all that but was hoping someone has first hand (hopefully positive)experience.
    Made a purchase but it all seems to going a bit …… well I am starting to have concerns, also looking at the web site I recollect the sign post logo and it rings a bell for some reason, possible negative conotations !

tomhoward

He has a website too, often the stuff is cheaper on there, as no eBay fees. I’ve had a frame, headset and mech off him and couldn’t fault him. He fitted the headset foc before shipping too. Don’t be scared off because all his merch is s/h, there’s a few places sprung up like that. Flatout cycles is another.

sbob
    Free Member

So with the popularity increase in the purchase of s/h bike parts fuelling cycle theft, how do those of you that buy s/h ensure you’re buying legit?
    Do you always ask for receipts?

tomhoward

I got a reciept from mtbs r us and flatout cycles.

jes
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback tom.

jes
    Free Member

Oh well still no sign of my frame (ordered and paid for on the 28/10/2012)and not heard from the seller since the 2/11/2012

Not left with much choice but to open a resolution case, unfortunatley I am sure I had issues with this guy a few years ago in a similiar way which is why the alarm bells started ringing but gave him the benefit of the doubt and was a bit distracted at the time resulting in waiting to long before doing anything about it.
    I had forgot about this until things started going a bit gash.

Crosses fingers I at least get the money back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘mtbs-r-us’ is closed to new replies.