Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MTBproof phone cases
  • Harry_the_Spider

New phone doesn’t fit in old case. What have you got that protects your phone from the scratchy insides of a CamelBak™ and being dropped in muddy car parks?

I like the idea of rubber.

jimjam
    Free Member

What’s your phone?

Hijack – I’ve got an Xperia z1 compact and would like something similar to op

Harry_the_Spider

Xperia E3

jam-bo

lifeproof

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve got a tech21 impact case. its done a decent job of protecting my S4 for the last 15 months. i’ve dropped it a few times too and its still in one piece. it doesnt have any screen protection though but when i’m out biking i usually stuff the phone in a zip lock bag and then stuff it ib the camelbak

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Z3 compact here – I use a Ringke Fusion case and a couple of thin tempered glass screen protectors – as I am thinking that the laminate effect might give more impact protection than a single, thicker one.

I had this one before but I screwed up putting it on :

but if you lay the glass on the screen in the correct position and then tape one side to the phone with masking tape, then fold it back to clean the screen with a cloth that is a bit ‘anti-static’, you can then peel the backing of the protector and let it fall onto the screen, for a much more successful result.

nedrapier

otterbox defender. bit bulky though.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Lifeproof Fre

Not cheap, but I’ve been pleased with it. I’ve even taken it into swimming pool and taken underwater photos.

[edit] they don’t appear to have a case for an Xperia E3 tho’

matt_outandabout

99p phone (with mega battery life)

Plus

Simon

Using an Otterbox Commuter on my Moto G, good compromise between bulk and protection.

scotroutes

My phone just gets put into my bumbag/rucksack. Other than a screen protector, I don’t bother with anything else. It’s a Z1 Compact, so already waterproof.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i just put mine in a neoprene sleeve, then that goes inside a small ziplock bag if it’s wet.

jam1e
    Free Member

I always use a ShockSock – a neoprene pouch that works well to protect my phone whilst it is in my CamelBak

simon_g

Got one of these for Christmas: http://www.cyclesurgery.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=CTBK0083KK

Good for phone, a note and a card. If it’s going to absolutely tip it down, it goes in a sandwich bag.

CountZero

Otterbox Defender. Does have certain issues, the integral screen protector doesn’t lie perfectly flat, meaning a certain amount of pressure has to be applied before it works with a touch screen, and the cutaway at the bottom for the home-button, (iP6+) compromises the TouchID function.
    Got to live with it because I got a bit carried away and fitted a Niteize Steelie which required a hole being cut in the outer flexible cover.
    Daft really, should have waited a bit and used the case for a few days first.
    Eedjit. 😳

Suggsey
    Free Member

Lifeproof for me…..worth every penny having dropped, submerged and use it in the poutpring rain with my iPhone n it snug, safe and sound.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MTBproof phone cases’ is closed to new replies.