Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • MTBO European and World Championships Portugal 2015
  • BenjiM

The first event this year was the sprint event. Several hundred MTBO riders descended on the village of Penha Garcia on the Portuguese border with Spain. As with so many of these little villages it was built on a hillside and had a maze of little cobbled streets and sets of steps to be negotiated. Fortunately the start was placed quite high making a net down hill route but as most courses did two loops of the village some climbs were inevitable.

The village had effectively been closed down for a few hours and the residents were often seen cheering and pointing to controls (not always the right one of course!). Even the local school kids spent their break hanging onto the school fence and giving the riders loads of cheers of encouragement. At least that is what I think they were shouting!

A superb performance by the GB team produced no less than 10 medals and one World Champion. Well done to all. Tomorrow is the middle distance race which is situated in the sparse woodlands outside of town. I am sure that there will be more medals to celebrate, but no doubt punctuated by a few tales of ‘if only’ as well.

European MTBO Championships – Sprint Event

WE – Emily Benham – Silver
    M20 – Edwyn Oliver Evans – Silver

World Masters MTBO Championships – Sprint Event

W55 – Charlie Somers Cocks – Gold
    W60 – Caroline Dallimore – Silver
    W50 – Beth Clayton – Silver
    M45 – Killian Lomas – Silver
    M60 – Nick Dallimore – Bronze
    W65 – Denise Harper – Bronze
    M45 – Andy Conn – Bronze
    M40 – Andy Windrum – Bronze

Full results can be seen HERE

boxelder

Well done Charlie et al

welshfarmer

Damn fine results there. I don’t feel quite so bad about being beaten by the young Ms Dallimore now, seeing her pedigree here 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘MTBO European and World Championships Portugal 2015’ is closed to new replies.