Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTBing shoes
  • juan
    Free Member

Is there anything that come cclose to the quality of mavic shoes?
    For some reason mavic shoes are not that much appreciated at work.
    So I don’t mind to get a pair of something else but I want them to be as good as mavic.
    My shoes are “racey” ones, but I am amazed by the quality of the outer sole. Shoes grip everywhere.
    Any ideas?

njee20
    Free Member

So you really like the Mavic ones, but are changing them because people don’t like them? Why not ask what they do like?

S-Works for me. There’s an Evo version now (in the US at least) which is a bit tougher.

juan
    Free Member

Why not ask what they do like?

Anything but mavic. It’s a corporate thing

hambl90
    Free Member

Sidi or spesh

damitamit
    Free Member

Tried on some Lake MX330s yday. Very nice/cool, thou they look a bit like footie boots.

brakes
    Free Member

I always thought Mavic quality was a bit ropey. That’s from their gloves and clothes though. I would just generally assume that the quality would be the same for their shoes. I just look at the fastenings on the shoes and they don’t look very hard-wearing at all.
    I’ve used Specialized and Giro everyday and they’ve lasted very well, I think they’re made by the same people.

eyerideit
    Free Member

It’s a corporate thing

Is this because:

A. You work for Shimano?

B. You keep your cycling shoes on all day? A business suit and Mavic shoes would be looked down on.

C. Your manager doesn’t like Mavic shoes and you really want a promotion?

If yes to any of the above, I recommend these:

They come in a number of styles and colours. I’m sure the powers to be would wholeheartedly approve of your new footwear.

MSP

bont vaypor xc?

I have a pair on order so can’t really comment on them overall. But already have some bont road shoes, and they are by far the stiffest and lightest I have found in my size.

juan
    Free Member

Well I had some scotts and some northwave and they are nowhere as grippy as mavic.
    Sidi are just not meant for walking. I was thinking fizik maybe?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTBing shoes’ is closed to new replies.