Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • MTBing near Aldbourne
  • Mounty_73

Off to Aldbourne next weekend and thinking of taking the bike.

Found a couple of routes/trails etc, the Croft trail and the Ridgeway….any suggestions for a good route.

I will have about 3 hours to play with 🙂

slowoldgit
    Free Member

This thread needs c_g

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s some good stuff up above Bishopstone around Waylands Smithy. Can’t really describe how to find it, though!

ploeb
    Free Member

here’s a couple i did years ago
    http://www.strava.com/activities/30777079
    http://www.strava.com/activities/30777075

plenty of trails, bridleways around just go and explore.

cinnamon_girl

I’m here. 😆

Yes, I do believe I’ve cycled through there. Will check my routes encyclopedia!

cinnamon_girl

OK, I’ve done a circular route starting from Lambourn that goes through Aldbourne, Whiteshard Bottom and takes in part of the Ridgeway. It’s easy to add on extra loops.

Would you like a gpx?

drofluf
    Free Member

OK, I’ve done a circular route starting from Lambourn that goes through Aldbourne, Whiteshard Bottom and takes in part of the Ridgeway. It’s easy to add on extra loops.

Would you like a gpx?

I would please, if that’s OK?

My email address is in my profile

Thanks

Mounty_73

Would you like a gpx?

I think I have also found a couple of loops taking in the Ridgeway etc, but a gpx file would be great, thanks 🙂

DavidB
    Free Member

Just so you all know many of the byways round Aldbourne are head height in foliage. If I were you I’d head up to the Ridgeway at Liddington Hill then keep high’ish, maybe head over to Rockley/Avebury area.

This is a loop I do quite a lot which is close and will work for you

Gilles

Here what you can expect:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh4r92O8aBY[/video]

cinnamon_girl

DavidB – full body cover is the order of the day for overgrown trails! It’s our duty to ride them and not lose them. 🙂

Gilles – that was a rather nice looking piece of single track there. 🙂

DavidB
    Free Member

So why am only the only person I ever see on them CG? Bunch of wimps the lot of you. This evening I can report knee deep water in many of the ruts and also a motorist walking his dog out of the window who drove over my water bottle whilst I was fixing a puncture..

ploeb
    Free Member

was the motorist driving a blue Subaru? I saw the same close to barbury on Monday!

cinnamon_girl

DavidB – I too enjoy solitary trails so make the most of the peace and quiet. Dogs and cars excepted obviously! You can be a wimp and still ride overgrown trails – nowt wrong with being a cry baby. 😉

DavidB
    Free Member

was the motorist driving a blue Subaru

I did not notice the car. Old bloke with a fat woman next to him in passenger seat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘MTBing near Aldbourne’ is closed to new replies.