Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MTBing in Staffordshire
  • eddleston
    Free Member

Just moved here, got my HT (cove stiffee) with me now so kinda desperate to get pedalling. Ideally somewhere with some challenging stuff to ride; a few good climbs and some fun descents. I’ll have my DH bike in the near future too so all options will be welcomed.
    Alex

bueller
    Free Member

Cannock Chase (Stile Cop for DH) and over into Shropshire for The Long Mynd, Eastridge and Hopton. Peak District may be near, depending where you are in Staffs.

HTH

z1ppy

Where is staffordshire?
    .. I’ve just started working in Stafford and didn’t realise previously, how close Cannock chase is. The chase has the trail centre routes, plenty of ‘wild’ stuff to learn, and a DH area… might not be exactly what you want but it’s a definite plus for the area & somewhere to start

jekkyl

Where in staffs are you ed?
    I live in stoke.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Where in staffs…?

This.
    From north Staffordshire the Peak District is considerably closer than Cannock Chase and will give you a huge variety of riding.

scruff
    Free Member

Cannock Chase is the obvious one about 20 min drive from Uttoxeter, lots more than just the built stuff although the FC are trying their best to change this. Stile Cop DH is great for the size of the hill.
    Smaller woods around, Hopwas and Stoke (Hanchurch Woods V good).

Furhter away White Peak is closest to you, Dark Peak not much further, Shropshire is bit furhter and different kind of trails. Loads of riding just N of Derby towrd Matlock which is along the A50 from you, about 45 mins in car.

rocketman
    Free Member

Nothing to see in Staffordshire

scruff
    Free Member

Actually a mate used to ride alot near Alton which is pretty close to you.

eddleston
    Free Member

I’m in Uttoxeter.

It seems I really am pretty close to Cannock, might have to have a go there. Heard a bit about it.
    As for the peaks, I think a local group to ride with would be somewhat better…

parkesie
    Free Member

Hanchurch trentham keele

See if the stokemtbclub.do.uk lot are near by to u

tazzymtb

if you want a guided tour of the cheeky stuff on the chase give the west mids mtb chaps a shout. They’re ok for a bunch of mincers.

Happy to show you around cannock cheeky, hanchurch, macc forest and peak districty areas

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MTBing in Staffordshire’ is closed to new replies.