Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB'ing in Shropshire….
  • Preferably close to Shrewsbury…

I have a couple of hours to kill tomorrow and a quick Google throws up Eastridge/Long Mynd etc

Anyone fancy giving a bitesized idiots guide to finding some decent stuff? Techy/fast DH takes a preference over XC slogs.

Cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

Eastridge fits the bill.And its waymarked.

winrya
    Free Member

As above, Eastridge hits the nail on the head. Brilliant place

Ok, thanks

mindmap3
    Free Member

Just don’t go in the wet….it doesn’t hold up all that well. When we went it was properly lashing it down and the trails were minging to ride but there was one fantastic descent.. It looked like there was an awful lot of none official trails off to the side that might be worth exploring.

I love Hopton and mucking about in the DH runs.

chvck
    Free Member

Eastridge is fantastic and there are a few bits just off the beaten track not waymarked too which are rad. If you park in the main car park then you can mess about on the old downhill runs until you’re sufficiently tired also. Also, IMO the main black descent (topography) is neither as technical nor as fun as the red descent that starts opposite it. It’s not difficult to do the black then push back up it and do the red though tbh.

I’d +1 not going in the wet, in the dry it’s one of my favourite places but in the wet it’s just hard work.

Well, that was fun!

Only had time for one run round the red, but did Topography – couldn’t resist the Black waymarker. Will definitely go again and spend a few hours up there

Had a brief chat with a guy in the car park – didn’t realise until I got home and googled the big sticker on the side of his van, that he was the editor of Enduro Magazine, Jim Buchanan.

I was invited on their ‘shop ride’, but had to decline as I was pushed for time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB'ing in Shropshire….’ is closed to new replies.