Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MTB/CX in and around London
  • AlasdairMc

I’m down in London at the end of the month for just over a week, with potentially a few evenings and perhaps a whole day spare. I’d like to get some riding in that doesn’t involve Boris bikes, so am bringing a bike down on the train.

Is Epping Forest any good or is there anything else within perhaps 15 miles of the City? Does Epping require an MTB or will the CX suffice? Where is the best source of trail info – can a route be pieced together from Strava?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Been a while since I lived in that there London but I always just headed out to Chingford and then went exploring in the forest. FWIR there is nothing particularly hardcore there and would be rideable with either CX or MTB.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You are going to need to get out of Town to do any off road stuff, no idea what Epping is like so can’t help there but Towns full of fixies & Boris but its not a bad place to ride all in all. Some neat places of interest, some quiet roads, funky streets etc. is there a need to off road? If not bring the cross bike down and ride the City.

AlasdairMc

I’ve ridden all round the City on the Boris bikes, so the idea of going further afield appeals to me. Epping was on the list as the closest trails I could find, although I’m open to any other suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MTB/CX in and around London’ is closed to new replies.