Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • MTBBatteries.co.uk Light combo
  • fbk
    Free Member

Firstly I’m in no way affiliated with mtbbatteries and don’t benefit from this. I just wanted to give them a bit of recognition for a great product from a local company.

I’m using a Lumenator that has been used on weekly night rides for 3 years now. I’m still comfortably getting 3 hours out of the battery and the one time I had problems with it (my fault for trying to bodge the mount) it was fixed without issue.
    I’ve just paired this with the Lumen 800 small light on my helmet and it just seems right. Broad, bright beam on the Lumenator with a more focussed, punchy beam from the helmet light is fantastic. The Lumen 800 also now charges via USB now giving more flexibility if (when) I forget to charge the night before.

Yes, I know there are cheaper alternatives but personally I think the reliable battery/charger, build quality and great customer service are more than worth it.

Just my opinion but it’s that time of year so thought folk may be interested 🙂

z1ppy

A small business well worth mentioning, literally just sent a m8 a link to the reduced Lumenator

shaungero
    Free Member

Ordered one today. Can’t wait

piemonster

Fantastic bits of kit. Very pleased with mine.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I’ve had one for nearly 3 years too, great light, can go on 2 or 3 rides without needing to charge. I pair mine with a joystick helmet light

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Luminator here to… Awesome light. Used daily (and I mean every day) for the last 2 years without fail and fault. Caked in mud, buried in snow…. Submerged in a ford (don’t ever try to cross one of these bastards btw).

Had a fault initially with battery but new one was sent without question.

I do also run x2 solar storm x2’s and x2 ultra fires (Chinese cheap ones). These are all secondary lights and I don’t trust them enough (sealed badly, poor cable relief etc) as a primary.

So thumbs up from me!

Nobby

Been running the same lumenator/800 combo for a couple of years & can’t praise em enough.

StirlingCrispin

Agreed.

Had a problem with my helmet light battery – after thumping it into a tree – and was fixed with no quibbles.

Highly recommended.

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve had excellent service from Smudge at MTBBatteries, really can’t fault them and recommend them every time to everyone

binners

It’s quality kit! And the customer service from Smudge is outstanding!

sirromj

I’d been using a Chinese light for 2 years it never let me down. Got a 2nd which let me down. Got a MTBBatteries V2, can’t say was impressed to be honest. No better light power than 1st Chinese, and heavier too. It came in the same unbranded generic packaging as the Chinese lights. Batteries once extracted from rubbery casing looked remarkably similar to Chinese batteries but I’m not technical enough about batteries to distinguish quality differences. Not had the need to properly test the V2 out yet to remark on dependability etc.

Northwind

Don’t really understand the logic of the mismatched lights tbh, presumably the smaller one’s supposed to be a helmet light but the lumenator’s a perfectly practical helmet light too, you’d be better off with a pair imo. There’s a price difference but it’s not that much considering and the beam pattern of the lumenator is far superior.

IMO o’course but I reckon the days of flood/spot are long gone, modern lights can deliver a wide beam and fill it well without being bulky and it’s far nicer to ride with. Matched lights are better for night vision too (your vision adjusts to the brightest spot so spotlight-within-floodlight diminishes the effectiveness of the flood)

jezketley
    Free Member

I’ve had the combo for a season and been pleased so far. Reassured that I might be getting a few more years out of them yet.

Kryton57

Been running the same lumenator/800 combo for a couple of years & can’t praise em enough.

+1

I’ve been waiting for a thread like this – because I didn’t want to cause a wave of expectation – to mention that prior to this years Bonty 24/12 I asked Smudge about lengthening the battery use for the event. Not only did he give me some great advice he then posted and loaned me a spare battery for free to add to mine get me through the night. Now THAT is above & beyond customer service, which I will repay by buying another battery / light without a pause. Frankly I wouldn’t consider going anywhere else.

So er, there’s a sale on you say….

thorpey0
    Free Member

Laminator or £50 more for an exposure Diablo?

ant77
    Free Member

+1 on all this.

Still showed power as green when I was out last week as other Chinese lights in the group were running out. Hadn’t been taking it easy on power either.

Stopped working a while back, well outside warranty, sent them back to mtbbatteries HQ and they were back within a week with a dry solder joint redone.

bigmick25
    Free Member

+1 for all the positive comments above.
    Been running a combo from smudge for a couple of years now and when I had a fault with one of the battery cables, sent it back and it was repaired and returned all FOC and extremely quickly.Superb products and excellent customer service(which in my book is as important as good products) every time gets my vote.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘MTBBatteries.co.uk Light combo’ is closed to new replies.