Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • MTB Zell am See
  • charliemort

Anyone been there – any good?

thanks

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yes, but a long time ago… Stayed in Kaprun.
    Loved it.
    And yes, the riding is amazing.
    IMHO.

heebyjeeby

Lovely area but, and this does not mean there is not any, I found it tricky on my own to find much singletrack.
    Maybe worth trying to find a local guide as I found I ended up riding a lot of fireroad

spooky_b329

We did a guided holiday in Kaprun, really good but we were warned that if you went unguided, a lot of the trails would descend off the mountain and then a few thousand feet further down would dead end on private land. Don’t know if thats true but we had already committed to being guided so no reason to doubt the guide.

Excellent food at the small cafes up the mountains 🙂

We stayed here:
    http://www.appartement-kitzsteinhorn.com/apartment-kaprun-pictures/

Edit: and we did get some excellent singletrack, also shunned the lifts apart from a couple of days so spent each morning doing a couple of hours grinding up fireroads, but it helped burn off the food 🙂

One of our guides was an XC whippet European champ running 60PSI, on the last day it pissed down and he had reservations about letting us go down the mountain, I think he was a bit stunned when our group just went flying down covered in mud, soaked to the skin and huge smiles…perfectly at home. We stopped him halfway down and forced him to let some air out of his tyres as he was struggling…I think we got him down to 40psi 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    HansRey

i went snowboarding there in Feb this year. The bike routes weren’t visible (obvs…) but there were quite a few maps detailing the routes. It looked like there were loads of walking and biking routes to choose from.

The cafes and restaurants at the top were ace. I prefered the ones at Zell-am-see to Kaprun. I’d recommend visiting the spa/swimming centres locally, they’re great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘MTB Zell am See’ is closed to new replies.