• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • MTB travels – Australia (Tasmania) recommendation/ useful info
  • humattzee

Hi all,

In case anyone should find themselves looking for MTB adventures in Australia….

After much researching (faffing) trying to work out where I could get some riding in during a recent trip over to Oz, I ended up heading to Tasmania and booking a number of rides out with Wild Bike Tours (www.wildbiketours.com). Based in Hobart, and with a real mix of riding (from all day wilderness epics to singletrack/bike park blasts to more relaxed cross country routes) right on the door step, I had a ridiculous amount of fun out there, met a bunch of super friendly people, and saw some of the most amazing/inspiring natural landscape I have ever seen.

Thought it would be useful to post the WBT link up here as I initially found it hard to work out (internet searching for hours) where best to head in Australia with only a limited number of days free to be on the bike; for me WBT offerred the best way to ride as much as possible over a short period of time, and Peter who runs the company was really helpful in advising on where best to ride, etc.
    From what I experienced, Hobart/ Tasmania has the potential to be a big MTB destination, and seems to have a really pro-active MTB scene, so check it out if you find yourself on that side of the world.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘MTB travels – Australia (Tasmania) recommendation/ useful info’ is closed to new replies.