Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MTB Travel Insurance – Only post if you've made a claim!!
  • TractorFrog
    Free Member

Hi,

So were going away again this year for 1 weeks riding in the alps. DH/AM riding, Ever year i go with Snowcard. Now this got me thinking.

1. Has anyone made a claim via snowcard for anything (I want to hear from you and your experiences / Claims)

2. Who else does the same sort of cover? (I want to hear also from you and your experiences / Claims)

Everyone always says go with blah blah blah, but i find that they go with them because they are Cheap!! (insurance wise Cheap, does not mean Good)and they have never made a claim with them and because they send them a laminated credit card piece of paper with numbers on ICoE there the best!! (they might be, i just don't know)

So come on, lets hear your stories and opinions on who do go with this Summer.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

BMC (British Mountaineering Council) do travel cover for all sorts of outdoors stuff. You've got to be a BMC member, but that's well spent money anyway.
    I claimed off them last year as I'd had a stack on my bike in Oz and killed 2 camera lenses when I landed on them. They let me claim for my helmet too.
    I had no problems with them, although you might need to talk to them about bike value and proper crash damage cover.

IA

Friend was in hospital for a week in france with a broken arm (MTB crash), then had to be flown home. We were all with Endsleigh (as a group). No bothers with the claim as far as I remember.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Snowcard were "bob on" when I ripped the tendons off my shoulder in Les Gets.

solamanda
    Free Member

I've claimed with dog tag. It was fine but I had to pay all costs myself and claim back after.

Snow Card for friends were better. They took over while in the Alps and paid for it there and then.

johni
    Free Member

Snowcard where great when my wife broke her jaw (both sides!) and arm in Spain MTBing. +1 for Snowcard. Excellent service.

TractorFrog
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies guys. Seem snowcard aren't bad at all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MTB Travel Insurance – Only post if you've made a claim!!’ is closed to new replies.