Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • MTB Travel Insurance
  • Mr5O
    Free Member

I’m off to Morzine next week with the family and need to get some travel insurance.

Can anybody recommend anyone? I’ve always used Snowcard when Kayaking but they seem really expensive and I am looking for alterantives.

Thanks in advance

Paul

flyingmonkeycorps

Dogtag also seem to be pretty highly rated, I use them but I’ve yet to have call to use them…

roddi18
    Free Member

I got my week out at the mega insured with snowcard for £62 and ended up tearing my quad and giving myself a double hematoma and they were really good to deal with and have sorted out all my incured expenses with no hassle at all

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jedi

dogtag 🙂

lcj

I wouldn’t both with DogTag again. I bought their middle level cover and they dont want to know in the slightest having broken my wrist on the second day of my trip to the Mega. I’m out of pocket for my early travel home, lost accom prepaid travel and my medical fees (although the NHS might pick those up now)

I’ve not tried to claim on Snowcard but will stick with their basic cover for repatriation and extreme medical emergencies and save the premium in future.

hora
    Free Member

I’m about to book and abit worried. Icj did they query that you were actually ‘racing’ and you didn’t click this on your original booking?

Both are expensive- c£32 whereas M&S is way cheaper.

Really I want something that will pick up a helicopter tab.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Icj EC111 card worked a treat for me in spain, no costs whatsover. Also dogtag user, never claimed so no idea what they are really like in emergency. Hope never I have to find out.

Gravy
    Free Member

I have always used Snowcard for all my mtb adventures and have had only the one claim, while out in Colorado I binned it and the pedal penetrated the inside of my thigh, so 60 odd stitches later and a $1000 bill I was really pleased to have them (Snowcard) on my side. The great medical treatment also helped me be out on the bike the next day, why worry about the difference of a few quid when you might have to be flown home (well we never know do we ?)

Good luck.

hora
    Free Member

On Snowcards site they have the following:

MTB high altitude trails
    MTB track and trails
    MTB Downhiller

I’d class Morzine/Avoriaz/Chatel as the first however is it really classable as the third?

allthegear
    Free Member

hora – that’s exactly what I booked for next week in Morzine so I hope you’re right, too!!

I have the away from home option on my M&S insurance so I only use the Snowcard for medical costs, which reduced the bill for the week to £34

Rachel

hora
    Free Member

I might see you there 🙂

Rachel, give them a call on the free number and clarify (really just for your peace of mind). I’m going to give them a call as well.

hora
    Free Member

Allthegear pm’d you snowcards email.

pmcclure
    Free Member

Dogtag for me.

Went to Whistler in 2009 for 14 days and dislocated my shoulder on second day. I had to pay for treatment on the spot and also had some physio while I was there.

Kept all receipts and they paid out quite quickly

MSP

You can join the Austrian mountaineering club (British section) for about 30 quid a year, and that covers you for mountain rescue within europe. EC11 for medical cover.

MSP

Sorry its actually the austrian alpine club, and its 42 quid for the year

Insurance

Membership of AAC(UK)/OeAV includes annual rescue and repatriation insurance cover without age limit. A description of the OeAV/AWS insurance cover can be downloaded from our benefits page.

http://www.aacuk.org.uk/home.aspx

hora
    Free Member

So I rang up Snowcard, played with their online calculator and actually thought ‘why are they so expensive’?

M&S Mountain bike cover plus £16. Upto £10m for costs from point of accident all they way home. £2,500 for bike cover etc etc.

Anna-B
    Free Member

M&S Mountain bike cover plus £16. Upto £10m for costs from point of accident all they way home. £2,500 for bike cover etc etc.

Hora is that part of M & S travel insurance? Can’t find any mention of it, have done a quote £9ish, but individual items up to £250. I want that MTB cover plus option!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘MTB Travel Insurance’ is closed to new replies.