Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MTB Training in or around London
  • huwtindall
    Free Member

I am looking for a good town/village to base myself in to do a week of training around London. I’d really love to take some time out from city life and spend a week hitting some single track or cross country trails. Happy to pay for a B&B or whatever.

Alternatively I was thinking some sort of week long roundtrip from London would be a good way to do some training and see something beyond the tube line.

Currently I am crashing with mates in London and it’s not the most convenience to get out and about on some decent trails. My research to date suggests there are some good tracks on the North Downs? Any advice appreciated.

cynic-al
    Free Member

a week out of city life…I’d be going a lot further away.

huwtindall
    Free Member

Haha I am happy to consider further…I’m actually on sebatical form work so can go anywhere…

wisepranker
    Free Member

Why not head to Wales or the Peak District for a week?

It’s got to e better than anywhere near London.

jakey6873
    Free Member

Why not take the sleeper to fort William and have a few days there with lots of varied places to ride from natural stuff to the dh at the Nevis range or even do the west highland way from fort bill to Glasgow

globalti
    Free Member

Start by moving to Manchester and then go out and explore all the beautiful hills surrounding the city.

Rockape63
    Free Member

North Downs are very muddy at the moment and for the foreseeable future. The Surrey hills are on acid soil so not much mud there and a lovely area to stay in

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MTB Training in or around London’ is closed to new replies.