Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mtb trails – Lanzarote playa blanca ?
  • rooney
    Free Member

Off on Thursday and looking at Mtb trails or just trails in that area ? Couple of hours spin.

wilson5spot
    Free Member

Take a visit to Renner bikes (near the Ferry) I think they have some maps of MTB rides in the window. I was there a few weeks ago & there were a few guys knocking about on MTB’s.

inkster
    Free Member

Stayed there a couple of years back, had the intention of hiring some MTB’s. Most of the off road riding is on fire road / doubletrack etc, so we hired a couple of road bikes instead.

Best road riding you could imagine, perfect pot-hole free roads winding through a lunar landscape, proper hills [mountains] and drivers who respect riders, [except the English tourists in hire cars!]

Amazing, amazing, amazing.

p.s. I dont do much roadying in the UK except for city commuting etc.

inkster
    Free Member

edit;-

When I refer to bad English drivers, I am not excluding our Scottish, Welsh and NI brethren.

rooney
    Free Member

Yeh I road biked last year, it’s awesome. Was just looking for shorter 1-2 hour blasts off road instead.

The roads, drivers are great. Femmes climb out is fun as is round el golfo.

Will see what happens
    Cheers

chrispo
    Free Member

Fun loop: Go on road towards Femes climb. Turn right at last house before roundabout for killer technical climb up to goat farm, then whizz down long doubletrack descent pretty much to the sea and turn right onto round-island MTB trail which winds up and down all the way back to the resort.

For a longer loop, do the Femes climb on road and go a mile or so down the other side, then turn right at the traffic lights opposite the helicopter and whizz right down to the sea. Again turn right and follow round-island trail.

There are faint tracks all over the show and you can ride anywhere you want so you can also just make your own fun – pick the nearest mountain, ride up it and then, you guessed it, find a way down!

It’s bare and barren and mainly doubletrack, not “proper” MTB trails, but guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Well it has for me the last two years, I’ve been out 2-3 hours before breakfast every morning!

Short loop
    Long loop
    (the inland bit on the second loop was where I missed the trail (easily done)

rooney
    Free Member

Excellent cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mtb trails – Lanzarote playa blanca ?’ is closed to new replies.