Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MTB Trail Attack race at Hamsterley, 18th June
  • kayla1
    Free Member

http://mtbtrailattack.co.uk/

Sounds like an exhausting laugh 😀

Who’s in?

smashit
    Free Member

Interesting! Could be a short day out if you’re in the bottom half first round!

kayla1
    Free Member

Yeah, but I’ve entered to support local effort in bringing interesting stuff here anyway! 😀

#proppingupthelowerendoftheresults
    #noprizesfortrying
    #downinonepiece
    #noexpensivedentalworkrequired

😆

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂
    Whoever gets to the last round will be sick to death of trundling up the fire road to the start.

kayla1
    Free Member

Yes, that bit’s not quite as much fun as the route back down…

edit- my OH’s just decided he fancies a go as well 😀

smashit
    Free Member

Nearly entered – then realised its Father’s Day! Might have to cash in some Brownie Points!

tomhoward

Entered with mstomhoward, been meaning to go up and ride there all year, might need to go up for a practise or two now!

smashit
    Free Member

Entered. Anyone have any idea what the timings are (start time etc)? I’ve tried contacting Northern DH but not had a reply…

kayla1
    Free Member

No idea but they usually send an email out the week before the event with timings and directions. The Hamsterley TT (on the same trails) was half 8 to half 10 sign on with practice open from 10 until 12, race runs starting around 1. This might be slightly different as it’s more of a free-for-all as far as the race runs are concerned though!

smashit
    Free Member

Anyone else in? Timings out now. 20 second gaps should mean a few interesting overtakes!

kayla1
    Free Member

Hmm, yes. 20 second gaps should be interesting if I’ve got some young hotshot on a #Gnarpoon behind me (42 and weak/crap) on my SS Soul… Still, at least I’ll only have the one run to worry about 😆

edit- I’m beginning to think it (the event format) might have been a good idea at the beer/beermat stage but not quite so good in reality.

smashit
    Free Member

Good to see that they are giving plenty of folk a chance to get through to the latter rounds though.

10-10:30 start until gone 5:00pm will be a long day!

kayla1
    Free Member

If you’re at the back of the queue in round one (205th) and the race runs start at 11:10, you’ll be waiting just over an hour for your first run so you’ll be down the bottom of the hill by around 12:25 (allowing a leisurely 5 minute trundle down and a couple of minutes’ for mishaps). Round one finishes at 13:00 and it’s a half hour push back up (allowing for a breather and a drink at the top) so you might be able to get two race runs in.

It’ll be what it’ll be. I just hope it’s as good/friendly as the TTs are and the young uns aren’t too impatient with the elderly- “Get out of the way, grandma!” 😆

crapjumper
    Free Member

Myself and my lad are in ( 48 and 16 ) . We’ve not been there there before so just hoping for the best

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MTB Trail Attack race at Hamsterley, 18th June’ is closed to new replies.