• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by aP.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • MTB touring shoes MT54 or XM7
  • 40mpg

I’m after some summer shoes which are good for riding but also OK for pushing/ wandering around/standing in the pub. Ideally splash / shower proof too. Initial contenders are shimano MT54 or XM7.

Does anyone have experience of the MT54s and can comment on water resistance? I’ve got XM9 boots which are great. The XM7s are very similar but lower cuff so I know they are waterproof and comfy but may be a bit warm for summer use still. Hoping the MT54s are a bit lighter / cooler.

aP
    Free Member

I have a pair of MT54 which I’ve had just over a year. I used them on Tuscany Trails last year which was in hindsight a most sensible move. They are reasonably stiff, and water resistant. The weather in Tuscany last June was extremely wet and my feet got very wet – but then everything else was as well. Their biggest advantage was that they have a Vibram sole and this was a boon for walking up a 1000m climb which was broadly concrete poured down the hill using marble aggregate. Quite a number of hard plastic soled riders did the cartoon-like slippy-slippy on the spot run before falling flat on their faces.
    When it warmed up they were fine too and dried out as well 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘MTB touring shoes MT54 or XM7’ is closed to new replies.