Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MTB Tour of Scotland
  • AGray
    Free Member

Basically i've got 19 days off starting on the 9th of June and the plan is to try and get as much biking done as possible.

I'm from the Edinburgh area and here are the ideas i've had so far:
    -head to fort william, depending on weather – if it is good go across to Skye) – if it is crap, do nevis range or wolftrax laggan.
    Goal is to do all three during my stay in that area. Anything else you'd recommend doing?
    Anyone that will be around and up for some biking in these areas?

After a stint up north i'm gonna head down the borders and hit up the stanes that i've not done! Not sure what area to stay in to be central and do them… might just travel between them and camp whereever i can find somewhere to pitch my tent!
    List of what i'm wanting to do in the borders: Kirroughtree, Mabie, Dalbeattie, Ae Forest & Glentrool.

Probably hit up Inners on my way home as I love it that much!

I know this isnt much of a plan so far and i'd also like to include more real mountain biking like i'll find on Skye where its just me, the bike and a map.

Cheers
    Andrew

wee-al
    Free Member

Get yourself a bit further north and hit up Golspie and Balblair. Two excellent and different (to eachother) trail centres. If i was on a road trip i'd try and fit in Ben Lomond and maybe Devils Staircase.

rudedog
    Free Member

I'd skip Glentrool in favour of Drumlanrig.

AGray
    Free Member

i've never heard of them, i'll look into it and give them a blast!
    I've got 19 days so i've got plenty time to fit everything in.
    I walked the WHW and devils staircase is another great shout!

AGray
    Free Member

Whats up with Glentrool? Just not that great to ride?
    I'll give it a miss if thats the case and check out Drumlanrig!

Anyone in any of these areas up for some biking next month?

mrplow
    Free Member

What are Balblair, Carbisdale and Learnie like? Worth a ride while visiting Golspie?

AGray
    Free Member

Golspie looks great: http://www.highlandwildcat.com/index.php

Balnain Bike Park looks good too: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recreation.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/ScotlandHighlandGlenUrquhartBalnainBikePark

Kyle of Sutherland, Balblair: http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-74EJDM

Caribidale looks great aswell!

Cheers for these suggestions

bruneep
    AGray
    Free Member

Yeah I know, thats why I was looking for suggestions about more real mountain biking areas that are worth hitting up – Bike & map style biking.

Cheers for the link, i'll check it out.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

bruneep +1

Trekster

AGray – Member
    Yeah I know, thats why I was looking for suggestions about more real mountain biking areas that are worth hitting up – Bike & map style biking.

Cheers for the link, i'll check it out.

OS78/79 for D&G. Good rides out from Drumlanrig into the Lowther Hills

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MTB Tour of Scotland’ is closed to new replies.