Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MTB skills coaching recommendations – Peak District
  • 1timmy1
    Free Member

The Mrs and I are looking for some coaching to get better and more confident on our bikes to tackle rougher terrain. We are looking to be coached on our own instead of in a group.

From Google we have found Lee at Peak Mountain Biking, Gritstone Adventure Activities and Lost Earth Adventures. Anyone got first hand experience? Or any other recommendations?

We are looking around the Peak District.

TheGingerOne
    mindmap3
    Free Member

A Line are based in Sheffield. Find them pretty dean good and will be going back next year.

Pook

+ 1 on Alliance for me. Steve was bonza.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Book UK Bike Skills, its worth the 90min (?) drive

hmsgeoff
    Free Member
    beiciwr64
    Free Member

Redbull Hardline rider Alex Bond does coaching in Llangollen near Wrexham.
    Lovely area for coaching and Alex is one rad dude!

You’ll find him on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/alex.bond.9659

kristoff
    Free Member

Highly recommend the AllianceMTB guys. I did their pines to peaks weekend last September and really improved my riding and had a great time doing it!

scubashark
    Free Member

Highly recommend We Ride. Ben is a good coach.
    http://www.weride.co.uk/coaching

iain1775
    Free Member

Book UK Bike Skills, its worth the 90min (?) drive

Ah standard STW response,someone asks for recommendations in the Peak District, someone else recommends someone in Hertfordshire

Slightly more than 90 mins drive, try 2 1/2 hours with standard traffic, given a course would start @9ish could take longer in rush hour so it’s really an overnight stop the day before (I’ve done it without, I was knackered half way through the day) yes Jedi is good, but it’s a long way from the Peak, and I find there is no substitute for getting coaching on the actual trails you ride the most

MartynS

I’m another to reccomend alliance mtb.
    I think their weekend pines to peaks course might be exactly what you want!

flyingmonkeycorps

Pretty sure Ed Great Rock does a Peak based course, or used to. JP at Aline in Sheffield is awesome but he does more on the trails around Sheffield I think – worth checking though, because he is very, very good.

What kind of level are you at OP?

gallowayboy

+1 for JP at Aline………

1timmy1
    Free Member

Thanks for all the recommendations, the Mrs and I will have a look and get something booked. We ride mainly round the Peaks on red grade stuff (from the VP Dark and White Peak books) and the occasional red at a trail centre. So coaching in the Peaks would be good because that’s what we ride most.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MTB skills coaching recommendations – Peak District’ is closed to new replies.