Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • mtb shoes with toe protection.
  • toys19
    Free Member

I just crashed and stubbed my big toe on a rock as I went down, pain.
    Toe is not broken, but its bad and I cannot ride. To make sure this doesn't happen again I'm thinking of ditching the hitec walking shoes/bordering on trainers for something more substantial, any shoes with good solid toe protection that are not as heavy as steel toe capped work shoes..

toys19
    Free Member

evening bump

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flats or clipless?

Always been happy with Specialized shoes for clipless and at the moment am very pleased with Five10s for flats.

toys19
    Free Member

flats, sorry should have been more specific.. do five tens have toe protection?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I had a bad mtb accident last year and I broke my mid foot into lots of little pieces….this has made me VERY nervous about stubbing my foot (the cause of the mid foot break, but just hit VERY hard). I now use the ones below (Shimano MT32 MTB SPD) and although they can be used for SPD's, I don't! They have a removal part if you do want to though – if not they are flat. Very solid sole! Stops the foot flexing and very hard at the front – these I would think will not allow a stubbed foot/ toe & I can recommend them highly!

mrmojo
    Free Member

sidi doms

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘mtb shoes with toe protection.’ is closed to new replies.