Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MTB shoes for broad foot
  • tomvet

These Pearl Izumis http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pearl-izumi/fuel-shoe-ec027191 can be got for £42 from Evans which seems like a bargin and they look pretty good.

I also like these Mavic alpines http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/mavicalpinemtbcyclingshoe.aspx?&id=15543 bit more expensive though £75.

Just wondered if anybody owns any and knows how the fitting comes up on them?

deepo
    Free Member

I’ve wide feet, specialized are wide and shimano and lake offer a wide shoe option. You can go on the lake site and follow intructions to measure your feet and see how wide they really are. Don’t know about the ones you’ve mentioned above though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tick. Wide feet but narrow heels make it really difficult.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Contrary to popular oppinion I found SIDI quite a good fit and I can’t get on with Shaimano racey shoes (DX’s are fine through). They do both do wide fittings through, but good luck finding shops that stock them.

If I win the lottery I’ll be buying up some properly sized SIDI’s, they do half euro sizes (so half a half UK size!) although most shops dont seem t stock them.

boxfish
    Free Member

Super-wide duck feet here.

Currently doing the trick are Spesh Tahoes for commuting/bimbling and Bontrager RL MTB for trails/mud.

toys19
    Free Member

I have 6.5 long feet, so should normally buy 7’s, but I frequently have to get an 8 for width. Spec Tahoe shoes fit me perfectly in a 7. (FYI northwinds were so narrow I needed a 9)

luket

Very wide feet here too. I’ve generally found Specialized to fit me best although the defrosters don’t close well enough to keep the water out and the ratchet shoes are close to the ratchet limit (but the adjustability is good so they work for me). However my Shimano DXs are the best fit I have despite shimanos not normally being anywhere near wide enough.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MTB shoes for broad foot’ is closed to new replies.