Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MTB Shoes for Big Feet
  • ollier
    Free Member

I have size UK 14 feet. Up until now, I’ve just been riding in an old pair of vans skate shoes I imported from the US, but they finally gave up in the alps last week.

I’ve been looking for something like the Five Ten Freerider series, but it doesn’t look like they make them bigger than a 12. I’ve been reccommended the Nike 6.0 range, but again, I can’t find anything in my size.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get something mountain bike orientated that fits? Or am I just better off getting another pair of skate shoes?

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

i’m a size 12 so am on the cusp, and its not a big market so not much choice

probably the best bet would be to call the companies direct and see if they have any suggestions, i suspect it will be expensive, but worth a shot

ollier
    Free Member

That was going to be my next course of action. It’d be nice to find an online retailer that stocks them though.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m a 13.5/14 too and find Shimano 48’s fit well as they are quite wide.

Lummox

You could always get another set of vans etc re soled with stealth rubber, there’s a company that does it but I’ve no personal experience.

Clobber
    Free Member

@soma rich…

I’m a 12 and find shimano 48’s a tad small

I was going to try another shimano 48 but the “wide” version…

You must have wide feet and be using shimano wide fit

ollier
    Free Member

Ok, thanks Rich I’ll get a set of Shimano 48s ordered to try the fit.

If that fails, then it’ll be another set of vans. @lummox can you remember the name of the company?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I think VANS come up small I tried a 13 on and they were incredibly small.

I did have some 48 Diadoras a few years back but they were tighter than the Shimano ones.

sauce38
    Free Member

im a uk 13 with a very wide and high instep. got a pair of giro mtb shoes for road bike and there great and roomy and there not even the high volume ones.

as for the nike 6.0 i have a pair of size 12s for the mtb and there on the big side(ie 2 pairs of socks)so if u can get a pair ov 12s u might be ok.

Clobber
    Free Member

Ollier, I really wouldn’t…

SHimano are tiny, I can confirm that as I take 11.5-12 and shimano 48’s are small on me.

Check every internet review if you don’t believe me….

irc

I have UK 12.5 feet and have a pair of Shimano MO87s wide version in size 49 that fit. I’d say size 14 feet need a Shimano size 52.

The MO88 comes in a 52. May fit if the width is OK.

http://www.davemellorcycles.com/productdetails.asp?productid=25338

KZP894
    Free Member

Ollier, I have size 14 feet and used to use Sidi Dominators. Now use Shimano M088 (much cheaper), pretty sure they are 52, would need to check. Not sure what you would go for if you wanted shoes to use with flats, but there must be some offerings in North America.

KZP894
    Free Member

Mine are size 51, interesting hu?

Lummox

Sorry buddy, I just remember a similar thread a while back and followed the link myself.

Someone will remember I’m sure

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MTB Shoes for Big Feet’ is closed to new replies.