Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MTB Routes near Kinloch Rannoch
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

Morning All,

I’m on hols near Kinloch Rannoch in September (south of Loch Rannoch).

Has anybody got any MTB route suggestions or even better GPX files of some good routes in the area. I don’t mind a lot of climbing

Thanks

kcal

usual answer is Strava HeatMap http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#12/-4.20785/56.72299/blue/bike
    and a selection of OS maps 🙂

I’ve memories long ago of doing a loop from Pitlochry (that you could adapt) that went along towards Aberfeldy, then up round Beinn Eagagach and dropped back down again. Bloody hard on a rigid MTB in the 80s/90s 🙂

Explore also Pitlochry / Queens View / Struan or over to Blair Atholl and Beinn a Glo loop.

matt_outandabout

Use the hillphones – much of the routes I am suggesting are prime stalking areas and season.

A long day to be had doing the Loch Ericht, Dalnaspidal, Loch Garry day (more interesting than it may first look, and worth hunting the singletrack links hidden in the forest above Kilchoan rather than road).

A pop over to Bridge of Balgie via the Lairig Ghallabhaich is a lovely day. (But watch out for grumpy factor from the estate).

Black Woods of Rannoch are packed with ‘follow my nose, I wonder where this wee track goes’.

Some short routes in Forestry around Queens View area.

Pitlochry and area has many recorded routes.

Schiehallion is fun, if you stop at the start of the gert big boulders on the summit ridge…

I am sure scotroutes will confirm a couple of the tracks over Rannoch Moor to Kingshouse way.

Take a canoe. 8)

hopkinsgm

You could pop into Escape Routes in Pitlochry, buy an OS Explorer and ask nicely if they’ll deface it. They came up with a couple of nice routes when I was in the area a couple of years ago 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MTB Routes near Kinloch Rannoch’ is closed to new replies.