Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MTB routes near Harrogate and Knaresborough
  • grobin13
    Free Member

I have just moved to a village near knaresborough and in desperate need of route ideas. I have a few local routes bridleway bashing north of Farnham and around Ripley but am looking for some more exciting / technical descents. I regularly head to Gisburn, stainburn, hamsterley and dalby but need more local options for evening rides or when time is short.

I have heard there are a few cheeky routes around the gorge that I would be keen to check out if you can give me some tip offs.

Thanks

scuttler

You didn’t mention Swinsty but looking at the places you do go I’d imagine you’ve been. If not – http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/swinsty-woods-new-trails-info

Not local though so can’t help on the cheek.

grobin13
    Free Member

Thanks Scuttler. Yeah been to swinsty a couple of times. Not too bad but shame you cannot head around the reservoir aswell…

ninfan
    Free Member

I would be looking at riding along the perfectly legal bridleways in the area of the Harrogate arms and Gardners arms… From there, you may want to follow your nose 😉

Along with that, you’ve got technical riding galore at Stainburn

Sai sty/bee croft works best as a link out through back allotment/timble Inge onto the moor, if you’re up for a big one from there, then head up to round hill, and then the descent off beamsley beacon looks rather nice, but of course nobody would ever ride a bike on it because it’s strictly a footpath only…

unklehomered
    Free Member

I have an XC route out of Knaresborough as I work there, Bar Lane, to Ferensby, over the road, then BW to Copgrove lane, then another BW to Walkingham Wood, following BWs to South Stainley, cross the A61, follow BWs to Ripley, back on the Greenway.

It’s not techy but its a good fast mash on the XC.

For more exciting then Tour of Nidderdale from PB or Lofthouse isn’t too far.

grobin13
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Some good suggestions. Tour of Nidderdale is a great idea. Not been there since i moved from Leeds. Just down the road aswell. Shame there are all of those gates on the descend to Ramsgill though…

tomhoward

Come to the chainless challenge at stainburn on Saturday!

grobin13
    Free Member

Would love to tomhoward but I am meant to be in Cambridge for the weekend. Heading there this evening for some chain on action though….

tomhoward

Have fun! Great day for it. A couple of mate and I are off up tomorrow for some sneaky practicing!

grobin13
    Free Member

May see you up there as may struggle tonight now.

tomhoward

Righto, we’ll be up there from 6, sessioning the descent line 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

Shame there are all of those gates on the descend to Ramsgill though…

2 or more riders and a bit of organisation, you should only have to stop twice at the most. 🙂

liamhutch89
    Free Member

I’m in Leeds. Farmer johns at marple and dirt Trax at todmorden are both an hours drive if you don’t mind a push up sort of place and having to pay!

those are my go to’s after stainburn

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MTB routes near Harrogate and Knaresborough’ is closed to new replies.