Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • MTB routes Dartmoor – Whitchurch Tavistock area?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Heading off to this area this week so thought I’d bring a bike along. Any one got any links to routes for this area, or any websites that might have routes, gpx files would be useful too? Found and old thread that and some links but they led to a dead website. Just looking for long xc type easy routes and nothing DH or too technical as I need to work on my fitness.

Thanks 🙂

jam-bo

Your closest is grenofen woods. Smallish area but loads on nice XC type trails. The cycle path from tavi to yelverton runs right through it.

If you want a long ride with good views, follow the cycle path up to yelverton and then head towards burrator. There is an old railway that’ll then take you all the way to Princetown. You can then head out the back of Princetown towards nuns cross and loop back round to burrator and back to tavi. Nothing too taxing and lovely views if the weather is good.

Check my strava profile for ideas in the area.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/256914

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Hi jam bo, thanks, don’t think I can look at your profile as I’m not on strava and your link just goes to a page where it wants me to register?

But I have found a few websites with some routes – gpsies, although a bit clunky.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘MTB routes Dartmoor – Whitchurch Tavistock area?’ is closed to new replies.