Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB routes
  • hooli

Unless I have missed something obvious, is there a website with a load of MTB routes that I can browse and download?

I have tried googling it but I am not finding much for the MTB. Strava gives a few options from searching segments but not really a complete loop.

Cheers.

jekkyl

Unless I have missed something obvious, is there a website with a load of MTB routes that I can browse and download?

yup, the inernet!
    search ‘(location) mountain bike route’ and then browse baby.
    (edit) or buy a book, the vertabrate ones are excellent:
    http://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/categories/mountain-biking.html

Marko

Only MTB specific one that I know of is:

MTB Trails

Marko

andytherocketeer

strava only really handy to find potentially interesting “bits” IME.

gpsies
    wikiloc
    everytrail

markshires
    Free Member

When looking for new trails using strava, try and find a interesting segment, and look at the leaderboard and then click on a few people that have done the segment recently and it generally shows the route they have taken, after looking at a couple you should be able to build up a rough loop of where people are riding. you can also export the route if you are premium.

hooli

Thanks Marko, that’s a good start.

markshires, Cheers, I have done that in the past with some local stuff.

Probably being a bit lazy but I was after a few different tried and tested routes that I could do as an alternative to the local stuff one evening or Saturday morning.

jekkyl

Have you tried asking on here? put your location in the thread title to be specific. Wealth of info on here.

markshires
    Free Member

Depending on where you are/want to ride, the edge cycleworks have quite a few to try with some descriptions.

eightyeight
    Free Member

If everyone added to that MTBtrails.info site it would be a fantastic resource!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB routes’ is closed to new replies.