Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MTB route south Northumberand please
  • JimSu
    Free Member

I am staying in Cramlington Tuesday night and would like an 20 mileish MTB route not too far away I can ride Tuesday afternoon. Any suggestions please.
    Thanks Jim

andyr
    Free Member

Before I send you to Thrunton how far are you willing to travel / what’s the required gnarr factor?

JimSu
    Free Member

Half an hours drive would be fine (which Thrunton is). We will be on 29er hardtails and would prefer an XC route with views but also enjoy a good down hill too.

thenorthwind

The loop out to Coe Crag at Thrunton.
    Rothbury if you just want something short.
    Alwinton if you’ve got a bit longer to drive/ride and want more natural stuff.

Drac

Rothbury to Hepple Whitefiled loop is an easy one with big views and a bit of downhill, not too challenging.

andyr
    Free Member

Thrunton is doable on a 29er hardtail but I think you’d have more fun doing this route.

Cracking cafes in Rothbury too. Start the ride in Rothbury though (the car park is just before the 35km marker).

Some photos:

These are all from the last bit just north of Rothbury.

legolam
    Free Member

Was just about to suggest the Simonside/Rothbury loop, but I see that’s already been suggested (with a link to my route 🙂 ). That GPX file will just take you down the main track back to Rothbury past Cragside, but there are plenty of more interesting singletrack diversions if you look on Strava or follow your nose.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MTB route south Northumberand please’ is closed to new replies.