Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • MTB riding around Kersal Moor, Salford
  • binners

We normally head out about half seven. I’m hoping that tonight we’ll manage it without recourse to lights, but that’s a midsummer rarity.

If you do fancy taking the plunge, looks like these are still available

bargain-tastic lights

Very popular with a lot of forum dwellers, including me.

Bunnyhop

Twiggy and weirdnumber – (and anyone else who’s interested), nbt has just phoned to say his internet is down at work and to let anyone know that we are meeting tonight at:
    Ring ‘O Bells public house, Church Lane, Marple, (near the Macclesfield canal) for a sociable ride around the Roman lakes area. Added bonus of some cheeky trails.

7.30 p.m start.

Pub carpark is around the back.

Edit – rides usually last a couple of hours and there’s fine ale in the pub beer garden after.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Ok, thanks. It’s probably worth me getting some lights. I wont be coming out tonight as I am off to see a nice lady friend.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ll see how much charge i can get in the old torch before 7:30 – the gf hasnt responded to my email yet so dont wait up :$

Bunnyhop

We didn’t need lights on last weeks ride 🙂

Edit: You are a lovely bunch putting your wimmin folk before riding 🙂

Bunnyhop

NBT here, just got home, about to get some scoff then will see who’s put what on here. I knew it’d be after 6 before I got home so 7pm at Roman Lakes was always going to be pushing it…

scaled
    Free Member

Got the OK from the gf!

Gonna shove some scan down me asap then get on my way – Black avensis estate and a red Scott genius.

You guys park in the pub car park?

nbt

>You guys park in the pub car park?

We live round the corner, so we’ll arrive on bikes.

Twiggy, if you want to ride up and meet us we’ll probably be passing close to Roman Lakes on the way back for a pint 🙂

nbt

right, time to meet folks and go for a ride 🙂

nbt

Cracking ride. Nice to bump into you twiggy, we’re guessing you had problems with the car park? Hope you sorted it out! Hopefully see you on a ride soon, though

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’ve just left Chorlton. if you get on the old railway line at St Werburghs road tram stop, that takes you to Reddish Vale, takes half an hour. From there Woodbank Park, Goyt Valley, Werneth Low and Marple are all easily accessible. let me know if you want some GPS files sending over?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if i sit on the platform at st werburgh’s rd tram stop, my phone still connects to my home wifi…

scaled
    Free Member

Argh, i feel like I’ve been hit by a bus this morning! I’d forgotten how much of a work out rocks and things are.

Thanks so much for showing me around, I’ll definitely be back for more – Might even try the mild at the ring o bells 😀

Twiggy
    Free Member

Cracking ride. Nice to bump into you twiggy, we’re guessing you had problems with the car park? Hope you sorted it out! Hopefully see you on a ride soon, though

No probs with the car park but for some reason my phone blocked the phone you rang me on so I couldn’t ring you back. I made it to Church Lane and wandered into a few pubs but was generally just laughed at by the locals.

I owe you all a beer and for making me feel so welcome and an innertube as well 😉 Any plans for another ride?

portlyone

I use the bike path (Fallowfield Loop) to get out to Reddish Vale too. I can see the path by looking over my garden fence! xherbivorex must be my neighbour! 😉

uwe-r
    Free Member

I ride from reddish vale often. It’s the only decent riding without driving the A6 or heading north. Watch where you park though – some people do their riding in the car park!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

I use the bike path (Fallowfield Loop) to get out to Reddish Vale too. I can see the path by looking over my garden fence! xherbivorex must be my neighbour!

must be!
    not seen any SC’s round here recently though…

Bunnyhop

Any plans for another ride?

There is usually a midweek night ride and at least a longer weekend ride, mainly around the Peak District. Last week 5 of us ventured into the White Peak and rode from Bakewell, which was rewarded with the famous Bakewell pudding (not tart) at the end. Yummy.

Great to meet you Twiggy and Scaled.

nbt has info on how to join the Marple riders group in his profile, or pm him.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

J, with a bit of luck i’ll be joining you cats for more rides pretty soon; my new job means i have more time for playing out and it should also provide the opportunity to get my fitness headed in the right direction too (i.e. cycle commuting).

Bunnyhop

xherbivorex – that’s good. Would like some more ‘how to jump’ lessons, when you have time.

nbt

I was hoping you;d say that mate – be good to see more of you!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if all goes to plan, there’s gonna be a few kg less of me though!

acidchunks

might have to check this kersal moor out as riding around the waterpark of an evening is pretty dull.

I’ll reiterate what others have said with a warning to be careful with your bike, I lost a specialized to a crafty powertool carrying bike thief when I was foolish enough to lock it up outside the Morrisons for 10 minutes…

portlyone

I take my pub bike to Morrisons, usually park it at the racks near the entrance, but might start putting it near the trolleys…

binners

You’d leave a bike unattended, no matter how big the lock, anywhere near Kersal?!! Yikes! 😯

acidchunks

hell no! ha ha. twas in chorlton. 🙁

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘MTB riding around Kersal Moor, Salford’ is closed to new replies.