Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MTB pump small enough to fit in a pocket?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

What are some good mini pumps that you can fit in a back pocket?

ianfitz
    Free Member

definately a pump? co2 cannisters certainly would fit. my experience wiht tiny pumps is, unsurprisingly, that they take a while to inflate your tyres!

Yak

lezyne do a good small one with a hose attachment to save knackering valves. I’ve also got a very cheap phart one, that I think cost me £2.50. Even that still got a 29er tyre back up to riding pressures without much bother.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Topeak race something hp is what I have.

fasthaggis

Crank Brothers GEM (short)

billyboy
    Free Member

Blackburn Airstick.

They are small and they work.

They only do presta valves tho! I’ve been using them for about five years or more and they have yet to let me down. I’m running 29ers now and while it may take a bit of time, they still get there.

If you need to achieve high pressures as well sometimes then get the Airstick 2.

billyboy
    Free Member

I should have added………. both Topeak and Lezyne have let me down, and both were after very little use.

iainc

Just be wary you don’t fall on it and implant it into your spine….

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

Spesh Air Tool MTB here. Takes CO2 as well. Presta only tho

winston
    Free Member

I know you had a topeak let you down but my pocket rocket mini has been going for ages and is surprisingly good at inflation

porkscratching
    Free Member

I carry a Birzman Zacoo (http://www.cyclesurgery.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=CBIR0009KK) in case of emergency. It’s very nicely made, very small and will get you home but your arms will get pretty tired to get a 29er tyre up.

gavstorie
    Free Member

How big is the pocket you are going to try and fit it into?

njee20
    Free Member

Topeak Race Rocket for me. The HP one is for road bikes, but I find the normal one effective on road and MTB.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Not HP, he’s right. MT, that’s the one I’ve got and is the MTB one.

br
    Free Member

Blackburn Airstick.

+1

deadkenny
    Free Member

CO2 and inflator can fit in a pocket, and inflates fast (wear gloves by the way!). Though big tyres may need bigger carts or two of them. Buy online for cheap carts, e.g. http://www.co2cartridges.co.uk/ In bulk, can work out 50p to 80p each depending how many you get. Far cheaper than an LBS price.

Otherwise, a friend has a pump that’s like a mini track pump that looks pretty good. No idea what brand it was. Maybe not micro sized, but as said above, the really small ones take you forever to pump.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MTB pump small enough to fit in a pocket?’ is closed to new replies.