Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • MTB Movie: The Untold British Story
  • craig5

Top film. Not downloaded it yet, saw it in Hebden Bridge. Great night, to riding in Hebden too. Just a shame I couldn’t be shown at the Northern Grip festival. I would definitely buy the book (please do a book)

Dark-Side

Looking forward to watching this tonight, and I would most definitely buy the book. Get it in Kickstarter asap!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Watched it tonight.

An excellent film.

Alex

Same. Watched it tonight. There could have been very many different films, but this was a damn good effort at being the best one. Everyone involved should be very proud of the result.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And, as has already been said, there’s so, so much more that could be covered. British bike industry companies like Pace, Orange, Hope, Middleburn, etc. There’s mention of David Baker and Tim Gould, but then the focus shifts to downhill and doesn’t talk about the rise of teams like the Saracen Coors team.

The biggest omission for me is the lack of MBUK. There’s probably a 25 year stretch over which the influence MBUK had on the MTB scene was phenomenal, but no mention of it at all.

Yeah didn’t quite understand the inclusion of Muddy Fox, it’s basically like the Mauritius tourist board highlighting the Dodo…..yeah awesome….Orange sponsored them….mention Orange and Hope. Give some money and exposure to successful British brands.

But other than that, I liked it.

boltonjon

I think you missed the point Tom – Muddy Fox kicked of the craze – its them that people went mental for and helped MTB get popular

Yep, i love Orange & Hope – did then and do now

But i also remember being a 12 year old and wanting a Muddy Fox – because it was affordable….if i just kept saving those pennies…

Quality film – top marks to the whole crew!! 🙂

acidtest
    Free Member

To cover everything you’d need a whole web series or a few books I reckon. Think I might have to watch it again as from reading the comments it sounds like I missed a few bits. What I did notice those was the level of bonkers us cyclist are.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just finished it, congratulations to everyone involved including all the crowdfunders. I hope you are all feeling proud for making it happen, you should be.

Rent it, buy it, watch it. 🙂

soundninjauk

I watched it the other evening (finally got round to it), and thought it was absolutely lovely. I would definitely go for a follow up movie or book. Was also nice to see my name in lights at the end!

Forgive my ignorance, but which of the leading lights of UK MTB was DrP?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Sounds like something I want to watch would people recommend rent or buy?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I bought it, £10 vs £5 I think (various codes you can use for £1 off purchase, inc stw one). You can download the mp4. Firstly I like the option I can watch it multiple times (have watched Peaty’s Won’t Back Down 3 or 4 times) secondly a few extra £ for the project pot for whatever they want to do next

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘MTB Movie: The Untold British Story’ is closed to new replies.