Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MTB Magazine Subscription advice
  • stcolin
    Free Member

Hi all,

Well now that Dirt has gone, I’m looking for a new magazine subscription. I have bought a couple STW copies, but a couple of years ago. I’m not one for mags full of reviews, but I do like a good balance of racing scene/reviews/trails and of course decent photography.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Colin

bigblackshed

Hmmmmmmmmm………..

wwaswas

If only there were a magazine with a really popular and useful forum that provided the type of content you seemed to want and where paying for a subscription would help keep the forum available for you to use (whilst at the same time reducing ad placement when you use it)!

stcolin
    Free Member

Ha, well I see where you may be going with this. I do like the idea of this place being adfree, but I’m a very sporadic user.

matt_outandabout

If only there were a magazine with a really popular and useful forum that provided the type of content you seemed to want and where paying for a subscription would help keep the forum available for you to use (whilst at the same time reducing ad placement when you use it)!

+1

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Apart from the race content – see pinkbike stw is quite well balanced with much more chat than review

wwaswas

yes, although I’m not sure there’s been race coverage in a mag since MBUK dropped it?

jam1e
    Free Member

Cranked is a good read and has nice pictures 😀

Linky

Northwind

TBH I don’t think any of the print mags is any good at racing, now. MBR or ST for you I reckon.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t see much point in race coverage in a mag, it will always be a month or two out of date. Removing the ads from this place – priceless (where priceless = £15pa)

Northwind

I liked the Dirt coverage, I think it’s just the permanence of print, internet articles rush to publish and vanish and just generally don’t have the impact of ink on paper imo. Yes I am a luddite but magazines > internet.

(I think showing my mum race reports of events I’ve done is the only thing that ever convinces her they’re real!)

cp

15 quid a year for this place and the digital magazine is a bargain.

Rubber_Buccaneer

a bargain.

Oh yes, even better value than the TV licence 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukun8nc5Y8U[/video]

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

If you subscribe now, you may get the Freebee T shirt in the 100th issue 🙂

stcolin
    Free Member

Well I now have a P beside my name. Loving the adfreeness.

GregMay
    Free Member

Remember to use your P to be confused when the inevitable “OMG all d’adz makez it hard to lok at the faorm” posts come up.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MTB Magazine Subscription advice’ is closed to new replies.