Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • MTB Kerela, anyone been?
  • downhilldave

Just had a look at the website and it looks fantastic. Anybody been? Experiences? Fitness levels? The riding/climbing? Anything really 😀
    Thanks in advance peeps.

stavaigan
    Free Member

Been to Kerala, but not mtb. Went up to the mountainy bit, tree and rubber plantations, where I think a lot of the mtb happens. Absolutely beautiful and so are the people. Worth it just to experience India, although you might risk looking a bit imperialist on an expensive mtb, thrashing throught the locals tea plantations.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

some feedback here

MTB Kerala

downhilldave

Thanks guys. Tusk have seen the feedback on their website, just wondered if anyone on here had any first hand experience. Some of the videos look pretty good. Would tick off two of my Bucket List as well.

sheck

It’s brilliant… I would post some pics up, but I don’t have an account and they’re no better than the ones on the website! We went 5 years ago on the Kerala singletrack trip. Most of the riding is xc through tea plantations and the colours and sights are tremendous. We stayed in great places, ate great food and rode great trails. Have tried to put in a good word for mike on various threads on here since… Have never seen a bad comment from anyone who’s been.

downhilldave

Hi sheck, sounds just the job. How much climbing is there, the vids look mostly downhill. What sort of daily distances are involved ? Would have a non riding partner, Mrs downhill. So need to find out if she can be accommodated as well. Think an email is in order.

jimification
    Free Member

Went with MTB Kerala in Jan this year and it was bloody fantastic.

Do contact Mike if you have any questions – he’s a mega helpful and resourceful bloke and I’m sure he can sort out whatever you need and advise you on the riding. Really can’t recommend that trip enough (we booked another one with Mike as soon as we got back!)

Here’s the thread I posted on it – bit more info there:- http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fantastic-mtb-trip-to-india-with-mountain-bike-kerala

Many pics from our trip here: http://www.jimification.com/Kerala-India/

downhilldave

Cheers Jim, thanks for your help. Will have a look at your link at lunchtime. Nightshift worker. 🙄

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

some feedback here

Tusk have seen the feedback on their website,

He didnt link their website, he linked a review I posted on here of my 40th birthday trip with them…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-terrific-10-days-with-mountainbikekerala

which jimification references (I’m munqe-chicks other half)

(fellow night shift worker)

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It was an immense holiday!! Got very fond memories, it was just like riding with your mates! And seeing your bike get transported to top of mountain in a rick shaw whilst you sit and eat food was also a new experience! As mentioned in the other thread … Bike Verbier (Phil and Lucy) had their holiday in Pindari Glacier tour with Tracey Moseley!!! Shows the quality and skill levels he can cater for.

downhilldave

Thanks for the replies Cm and Mc, need to do some more research. Should be the perfect place for my 14 Spicy Team 8)

sheck

Re amount of climbing on the Kerala trip, we had a few vehicle uplifts, but also plenty of climbing… Especially the day we visited the tea factory. Not sure how much there’d be to do for non biking partners in Munnar and Kuttikanam (where we were based for a few days) but we went to the beach near Allepey for 3 days at the end of the trip and that works quite well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘MTB Kerela, anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.