Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • MTB Insurance: any recommendations?
  • colinpm1
    Free Member

Looking for a decent insurance policy for my bike.

Currently have limited cover through my home insurance but this doesn’t match the value of the bike. And only covers theft from my home address. Ideally looking for something that will cover me whilst I’m out and about ( ie on a locked bike rack,etc ).

Any suggestions for reputable companies?

Cheers

devbrix
    Free Member

Velosure have been OK for my bikes, reasonable cost and sensible policy conditions and excess but there are pretty stringent conditions such as floor anchor and Gold Secure chain (for mine) for storage and if on a bike rack.

matt23
    Free Member

Hi,

Recently suffered the stress of a break in in the house where the MTB was stolen and a few other personal items.

House & Contents insurance through Payment Shield – bike listed on the insurance as £5K and they sent me a cheque 5 days after the break in for that amount. All they needed was copies of receipts and they were happy to sort out and an excess of £100.

Monthly premium add on for the bike was approx. £34 – a wedge but obviously worth it. We have renewed with them and as a result of the claim our monthly premium has risen by £8 which more than happy to pay.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘MTB Insurance: any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.