Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MTB in Spain.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Spending a week near "Orgiva" at the west end of the Sierra Nevada just off the A44 from Granada in september.

Any info on bike hire/guided rides welcome…

Baldysquirt

Get in touch with Si & Emma at freeride Spain. they're based in Lanjarron just down the road. A couple of their rides actually pass through Orgiva on their way home. Great riding and great company.

ianv
    Free Member

Switchbacks just up the road

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There is a nice ice cream parlour in Orgiva.

And there is an amazing 7 mile climb/descent you can just before it to work up an appetite.

johni
    Free Member

+1 for Switchbacks. Some van assisted climbing is always good for me. Means much more time enjoying the fantastic descents rather than sweating in the heat pedaling up. I figure I can do loads of climbing at home for free.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That's absolutely perfect guys, thanks.

nickf
    Free Member

A further recommendation for Switchbacks.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Apparently the climbing's great with freeride spain and the 'freeride' is subjective 🙂

Switchbacks rocks! Descent orientated and you'll likely come away more skilled then when you went.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Switchbacks – if a guide says it is 'definitely do-able' it might not be 🙂

(Guide gave himself concussion trying to ride a drop every one of us didn't think WAS definitely do-able).

johni
    Free Member

Which drop? I'm no lemming, but I managed all of the ones with Switchbacks

RobHilton
    Free Member

Switchbacks – if a guide says it is 'definitely do-able' it might not be

(Guide gave himself concussion trying to ride a drop every one of us didn't think WAS definitely do-able).

Just imagine what would have happened if he wasn't confident!
    Wasn't the ridiculous thing on 48 stitches was it?

johni
    Free Member

I found the riding harder than the drops. "Abject terror" scared the cr@p out of me with my fear of heights. "For 6inches only" cooked my rear brake too and I managed to rotor burn myself on "57 Switchbacks". I'm starting to think I should take up knitting!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Which drop? I'm no lemming, but I managed all of the ones with Switchbacks

Wasn't the ridiculous thing on 48 stitches was it?

It wasn't anything on trail at all, it was just a random drop we came across whilst waiting for the group to catch up. He could have hucked it, dead easy. But he rolled it and face-planted. Fortunately he came round enough to get us home as we had no idea where we were 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MTB in Spain.’ is closed to new replies.