• This topic has 8 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jon280-spam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB in Malta?
  • Bream
    Free Member

Heading out to Malta tomorrow till Sunday; normally whenever I travel I try to ride as well, but there seems to be limited online info about hiring a half decent bike there and getting a ride out.

Has anyone ridden out there without taking a bike; or have any tips to help. Ideal World I land at 12:00 tomorrow so could be out riding by 14:00 😆

kimbers

went a few years back with my bike, wasnt that great, tho didnt really research very well

Harry_the_Spider

Maybe there isn’t much of a scene. Malta isn’t very big and the roads can be “interesting”.

failedengineer

I went around Easter – there seems to be a few trails, but it is a really crowded island (most densely populated place in Europe?). I did see a few people on ‘proper’ mountain bikes. However, I noticed a billboard advert for Malta’s sister island Gozo, showing mountain bikers, er, mountain biking.

faustus

I’m also going there in a couple of weeks, and the hire option seems to be a Focus mtb with v-brakes…but then again there’s probably not very much mud so it’ll be OK. Not expecting much from the riding except just a nice way of getting around when i’m bored of swimming/reading/sleeping…

jimdubleyou

Go diving instead.

thenorthwind
    zippykona

Check out the video from earlier in the week.
    Glad we went to Sardinia instead!
    https://www.facebook.com/MaltaWeatherStation

Bream
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies; for future reference if anyone wants to hire a proper bike in Malta drop Jack a line at thecyclistmalta. He was very helpful and a proper road bike hire is only 20€ per day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB in Malta?’ is closed to new replies.