Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MTB In Czech Republic
  • hainman
    Free Member

Anyone done any riding in the Czech Republic
    Looking for more of the Singletrack pedally stuff rather than Spicak Bike park type stuff

Cheers

trusty

Had a long weekend at Rychleby Trail Center earlier in the year, it was really good. We had a couple of days guiding too so we could do the unofficial stuff.

hainman
    Free Member

Good to hear Trusty,how would you compare it to Uk trails??
    Ie which trail centres ,we would rather stay off the bigger DH orientated stuff,How did the cost rack up??

trusty

The marked stuff is pretty rocky, so drains well. Apart from the trail “Wales” I’d say it’s red graded, probably most similar to Coedy. The rock’s granite though, so really grippy. “Wales” is a definite black, not fast but really techy. The unmarked enduro stuff is ace, techy, rocky and rooty. It’s definitely not a dh venue.

Cost wise it was pretty cheap once you’re there. Beer’s less than £1 a pint and foods reasonable. Flights were the biggest cost.

hainman
    Free Member

Nice mate,Looking to do mibbe 5-7 days,One of my mates has worked in the Czech so can speak a little bit plus has a mate who bikes there, said he can get us digs at £15 a night,Only issue is do we take our own bikes etc
    and how we get guides for trails

trusty

The bike shop there had hire GTs if you’re looking for loaners. A mate organised guiding through Pavel, who is one of the guys responsible for setting the place up. Not sure if there’s enough riding there for that long, we did 4 days riding and did pretty much everything

There is a STW article from a couple of years ago on the place, written by Rowan Sorrel.

hainman
    Free Member

Cheers Trusty,4 days would probably be spot on, give a day here and there for recoup.
    I’ll see if i can dig that review up

andytherocketeer

Spent a day at the bike park that’s half in Czech and half in Poland.
    Singltrek pod Smrkem.

Quite comparable to a UK bike park, which is not surprising given who designed the trails.

Only done the red/blue trails. But if I’m ever over that way again, I might drop in to check out the Black trails that are mostly on the Polish side of the border.
    Not done anything other than the waymarked trails though.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Spent a week there in 2014 based in Jablunkov with Ride Czech. The trails were a bit of a mixed bag to begin with but improved as the week progressed and we rode some gems up in the Beskidy hills, with the uplift assisted Stozek bike park being a definite highlight.

http://stozekwisla.pl/index.php?id=5425

kayak23

andytherocketeer – Member
    Spent a day at the bike park that’s half in Czech and half in Poland.
    Singltrek pod Smrkem.

Me too, about 3 years back. I enjoyed it there. Would go again if passing through.

Spicak is great though. We did a bit of lift assisted xc riding while we were there around the lakes and woods by there. Good area.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MTB In Czech Republic’ is closed to new replies.