Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mtb in Cyprus /canaries in october
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Was supposed to be going to malaga and doing trans Sierra Nevada route in october.

Due to work and a mistimed wedding its not happening. I’ll be landing from africa the day before we fly and we just don’t have enough time in Oct holidays to do it.

Thinking we might go to Cyprus or the canaries

Mrs t-r wants some sun and beach time.

We both want mtb.

Are there any company’s in either place that does guided mtb and bike hire on xc/back country single track you would recommend ?

Or anyone got any gpx

What areas to look at for accomodation for the best balance ?

Any other ideas welcome.

Don’t normally do October hols but both missed out on summer this year 🙁

bigmick25
    Free Member

Been to Cyprus on numerous occasions and always used the below company for both bike hire and guiding advice.
    I cannot recommend them enough and as they organise the ‘Sunshine cup’ XC race they know all the best routes.
    I have loads of GPS files but they will advise you of which routes are riding well at that time of year and they can organise /advise on accommodation.

http://www.bikincyprusadventures.com/en/

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers for that , will pass it on to the mrs .

ive had some leads on bike hire and trails in tenerife as well so i guess thats an option.

julians
    Free Member

We’re off to tenerife for 5 days at the end of september, have booked guiding with lavatrax.

Never been before but it looks good.

danradyr1
    Free Member

I did 5 days with Lavatrax in Tenerife. I had an excellent time and came back a much better rider.

augustuswindsock

There’s a new company just started up in cyprus, i understand they’ve got a fleet of brand new whyte 130’s for hire.Google Akamas mountain bike tours.

trail_rat
    Free Member

just booked 12 days in tenerife . 6 in puerto de la cruz in your typical holiday resort type place (not really my thing but its close to good riding routes) and the rest in some yoga relaxation retreat with a yurt on the south east

Looking for bike hire now – although i know that places in the south will at least deliver to the north 😀

Hoping to get some snorkling and sea kayaking in as well if weather allows so recomendations if you please 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mtb in Cyprus /canaries in october’ is closed to new replies.